2007 Mustang or 2007 Dodge Charger - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2006, 14:13   #1 (permalink)

2007 Mustang or 2007 Dodge Charger

I know this is a FORD forum but I am considering getting a 2007 Mustang until my buddy showed me the 2007 Dodge Charger. What are your opinions of each?

- Glenn Kawesch

More details.
Sure to be called ‘Charger on steroids,’ the 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee comes equipped with the 6.1-liter Hemi V-8, producing 425 horsepower and 420 pound feet of torque. The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is capable of 0-60 mph in the low five-second range, 0-100-0 in under 17-seconds and 60-0 mph braking in approximately 110 feet. Other Super Bee enhancements include functional styling, world-class ride and handling, race-inspired interior appointments and benchmark braking. Bumblebee stripes maybe an option. The legendary Super Bee nameplate made its debut in 1968 within the Dodge Coronet line, as a member of the ‘Scat Pack’ performance group.

Glenn Kawesch
glennkawesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2006, 14:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2007 Mustang or 2007 Dodge Charger

Also, why is it called the "Super Bee"?
glennkawesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 20:13   #3 (permalink)
Grumpy old man

Super Bee was a trim package Dodge used on the Coronet back in the late 60's and early 70's. Just another name like "Daytona" that is being used to generate sales with those of us that still remember such things.

As for your original question, the two cars are apples and oranges. Do you want a sport coupe or a sedan? No matter how much power the Charger has, it's not a Mustang, more like a Crown Victoria.

GT-40X303 heads, E-cam, 1.6 roller rockers,
Cobra intake, Edelbrock 65mm t/b, 73 mm C&L, CAI,
24 lb injectors, AFPR, 3.73's, March underdrives.

FRPP headers, Bassani catted X, SLP Loudmouth.
This thing is loud!!!

Pony R's with Eagle ZR's, stock AOD.

Cervini's Air Extractor hood
2003 GT seats
Springtime Edition mirrors & wing

ff member 157
wythors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 20:32   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

You will also need to compare prices for the equipment you are getting and the Mustang seems to mostly stack up as good value.
Old 11-14-2006, 21:07   #5 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

if youre even thinking about a Mopar, I'd say wait till the challenger comes out- but either one is gonna be pricey- I *heard* that a SRT8 charger was over $40K !!!???

personally I think the charger shoulda been called 'coronet' or something besides charger- it just dont look 'good' to me at all.
on the other hand, theres the Challenger: now theres a beautiful car that wears its name well :) hope they build a lot of them- theyll sell on looks alone.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:45   #6 (permalink)

the charger is still way heavier than the mustang and still not offered with a manual trans.
Dr. Disque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:12   #7 (permalink)
Death & Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennkawesch
The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is capable of 0-60 mph in the low five-second range,
My '03 GT as well, More HP does not = out running a Mustang.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:35   #8 (permalink)

Obviously the 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 will have more HP than the Mustang GT however the 2007 Dodge Charger RT or RT Daytona will not outrun the newer Mustang GT.

I have raced both the RT and Daytona and neither of us could get by each other. The reason is simple...the Mustang weighs less and the Mustang has better gear ratios. These two advantages negate the extra power made by the Daytona.

Below are the dyno figures for my car and the exact Daytona (my neighbor's) I raced to give you an idea of how comporable these cars are to each other in performance numbers:

RWHP RWTQ
My 2006 Mustang: 296.3 315.3
The Charger Daytona R/T: 301.7 345.1

The Mustang has much better handling than the Charger. The Charger is just plain bulkier than teh Mustang. To be honest the Charger is more of a "luxary" car with muscle. The Mustang is a true sportcar.
Vista Blue GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 16:59   #9 (permalink)

If you have to go Mopar, for godsakes wait for the Challenger.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 23:40   #10 (permalink)
2006 Ford Mustang

Aftermarket will never be as big as it is for the Mustang. Consider getting parts in the future. I love my mustang I got the 4.0L for a few reasons...proven to work in ford trucks, Plenty of torque, good on gas, and the looks are impecable. Dont get me wrong...That charger's sharp, but if I were gonna get a mopar its gonna be that new challanger. I just dont like 4 doors and automatic cars must be a manual for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennkawesch
I know this is a FORD forum but I am considering getting a 2007 Mustang until my buddy showed me the 2007 Dodge Charger. What are your opinions of each?

- Glenn Kawesch

More details.
Sure to be called ‘Charger on steroids,’ the 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee comes equipped with the 6.1-liter Hemi V-8, producing 425 horsepower and 420 pound feet of torque. The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is capable of 0-60 mph in the low five-second range, 0-100-0 in under 17-seconds and 60-0 mph braking in approximately 110 feet. Other Super Bee enhancements include functional styling, world-class ride and handling, race-inspired interior appointments and benchmark braking. Bumblebee stripes maybe an option. The legendary Super Bee nameplate made its debut in 1968 within the Dodge Coronet line, as a member of the ‘Scat Pack’ performance group.

Glenn Kawesch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum