302 going 347 with blower?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 18:38   #1 (permalink)

302 going 347 with blower??

hi every one i'm currently building a 347 stroker need a good head / intake manifold but so many to choose from , the block came from dart racing and i fell inlove with it the moment i saw it now the other question i have is does anyone know if you can get a blower for a 302 347 stroker i havent seen any yet been searching like crazy hoping to make 700 + hp without nitrous seen some crazy strokers on the net with blowers so they must make them for the 347. any help would be appreciated

thanks keith ..

1988 mustang gt 5speed (347 build in progress need heads intake combo)
mustangkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2008, 17:37   #2 (permalink)

Re: 302 going 347 with blower??

As far as heads and intakes, I like proven packages. Holley system max upper/lower and heads. Also Edelbrock has a great intake and head combo and don't forget Trickflow. As far as blowers are concerned the cubic inches of your motor has nothing to do with weather or not you can use one, Although attention to compression amounts is a factor (keep it low). Its the vehicle year and choice of manufacturers and head unit. Paxton, Vortech, powerdyne, Kenne bell, etc...

What is the car mostly gonna see track or street use ?

Best of luck write me if you need anymore info.
partsforstangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 13:36   #3 (permalink)

700hp on a Fox Body is a tall order if you're going to be daily driving the car. The biggest issue with a that kind of power is getting it to hook up and not break parts. Between mustangkeith and myself, if you give us more info, we could get you pointed in the right direction. Be aware though, 700hp brings its own sets of problems. Your car was designed to support a lot less power then what you want to make so be prepared to replace A LOT of items.
alajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 18:36   #4 (permalink)

hi boys its been almost 3 years and im finally almost done i built the stroker along with a kennebelle supercharger last summer allthough the car ran rich and hesitated i pulled 685 rwhp to the wheels and 796rwtq . not using it as a daily driver only for the fact that for the first week that i did drive it around i noticed the short drives seemed to make it load up really bad so once i got it on a back road and really cracked on the gas pedal she would clear right up , other then that id say i got a little more tuning to do over the winter months ,and i got to get some subframe connectors on it i killed my sunroof when i gave it a crack shorty before parking it in the shop for the fall . scared the hell outta me lol so hopefully it will strengthen the car up a bit . thanks for keeping up with my progress . ps do you guys know of any good fuel and sensor monitoring systems to keep live data stored it would be great to know what level's its runnning at most efficently . thanks all
Old 01-14-2010, 18:39   #5 (permalink)

oh and on another note do you guys know what the 88 lx mustangs with the 5.0 had for rearends ? where they 8.8" or 7.5 " i thought the 7.5" were in the 4 bangers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum