73 Mach1, Last of the Big Mustangs - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2006, 13:25   #1 (permalink)

73 Mach1, Last of the Big Mustangs

Currently redoing my Mustang and need helpful links or info. for Interior restroration, and bigger tires to handle the power. Used to run P24560R14's but too hard to find now adays, Want to go to 16 or 17" Rims, anybody running them on a car like mine, any tips for offset's if required? Will any of the newer pony Mach1's bigger rims fit mine?

This Mach1 has the Fold down rear seats with access to trunk from interior of car. I've seen some Mach1's that didn't have that setup from 1973. Anyone know why they varied.

VIN# 3F05H256173

Had the 351C2V in the car when I first got it, but promptly changed that.

351C4V
9.2:1 compression, TRW Forged Pistons
Open Chamber 4V heads
Clay Smith Cam, 292 570 Cam
780 Dual Feed Holley
Stock 4v Intake and Exhaust 4V
Stock Rearend and FMX Tranny
2" Dual Custom exhaust system

Also redoing the A/C to use the 134 refrigerant, any suggestions on where to find new Compressor?

Thanks for any help in advance,

I know my big Stang isn't as popular as the newer and much smaller Stang's but I'm old school and love the sheer power , rumble and size of the 73.
Mach73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2006, 06:05   #2 (permalink)

Re: 73 Mach1, Last of the Big Mustangs

I always thought those people who put down the 73 because of weight and size were crazy. The 73 was one of the best looking old school stangs that were designed. Just looking at it one would be left with the impression that you just didn't want to screw with this car in a race.

That said there is a place here in Columbus Ohio called K.A.R. I am willing to bet you can find anything you need there. The web site is:

K.A.R. Auto Group - The Mustang People

When you get done how about sending me some pics?
Vista Blue GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum