91 5.0 HO won't start - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 10:32   #1 (permalink)

91 5.0 HO won't start

I have a '91 Mustang GT with a 5.0HO and it won't start. It has been sitting for a couple of years, but getting started occasionally. I went to go start it and it turns over, but does not start. I took a spark plug cable off and I get a spark. I pressed the valve of the fuel supply line and it sprays out, plus I hear the pump whine when I turn on the 'on' so I know it is pumping.

I thought maybe it was the coil so I replaced it, but still the same thing.

Any ideas? How should I diagnose this?

Jason
diiulio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2008, 12:31   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: 91 5.0 HO won't start

Check fuel pressure at the fuel rail. You need about 35 psi to start and run the vehicle. You could spray some starting fluid directly into the throttle body. If it starts, you are lacking fuel.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:22   #3 (permalink)

confused Re: 91 5.0 HO won't start

ok. I have a 90 5.0ho that i just bought. It has edlebrock upper and lower intake, gt40p heads, e303 cam, alluminum radiator, msd ignition coil and 24lb injectors. The car was running when i bought it. I put the 24lb injectors on when i bought it. The car would run and then when i shut it off it wouldn't start till later. I got it running one day and decided to drive it around the block. When going into reverse it stalled and hasnt started since. It turns over strong but doesnt seem to want to fire. Im getting spark, fuel pump is working, its getting fuel and the timing is correct. I'm at a lose of ideas to what it could be. I;m going to change the fuel filter but i highly doubt it's that. I tried another eec module but it didnt do anything. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?
90murder5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum