92 Mustang won't heat up. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2005, 17:36   #1 (permalink)

92 Mustang won't heat up.

My 92 Mustang takes forever to reach normal operating temp...... 30-40 minutes. I've replaced the t-stat and the coolant temp sensor in the heater hose.

Everybody I've taken it to just scratches their head and says: "Damn, I've never seen one that wouldn't get hot!!"

This can't be the only car that does this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Danno
Safeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2005, 18:29   #2 (permalink)

Re: 92 Mustang won't heat up.

Engine block might have a crack in it. But that's just a guess.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 20:04   #3 (permalink)
XW GT

Done It Run Crappy Cold,are You Going Off The Temperature Guage.
While Its Running Is The Engine Getting Warm, Ie. Can You Feel The Block And Does It Feel Warm.
A Weird Problem But Hey The Cooler Your Car Can Run When Its A Hot Day The Better, Least It Not Doing To Much Damage From Over Heating.
'77 XC FALCON 500.
'92 EB FAIRMONT
'91 EB FALCON
'76 XB CONTINENTIAL
YES I LIKE MY FORDS TO
DANGERXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 17:05   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safeman
My 92 Mustang takes forever to reach normal operating temp...... 30-40 minutes. I've replaced the t-stat and the coolant temp sensor in the heater hose.

Everybody I've taken it to just scratches their head and says: "Damn, I've never seen one that wouldn't get hot!!"

This can't be the only car that does this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Danno
Hey Danno, I owned an 89' nissan sentra for 8 yrs. before I got my beloved 06' stang, and the temp needle on that car would never move past the first line if I was rollin, and only a third if I was stuck in bumper to bumper trafffic. I never replaced the t-stat. Maybe it was stuck in the open position. I also kept the antifreeze fresh. I live in Miami, Fla., and it gets hellish hot, so, I guess that was a good thing for me. The car never gave me a problem.
jay's stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 07:16   #5 (permalink)

Hey Danno, you say that the t-stat was replaced, but was it a replacement one for your car or did you get a lower openning temp t-stat. If not, I recommend you get one that opens at a lower temp. This should allow the coolent to circulate in a more desired time frame.
thoroughbred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:01   #6 (permalink)

are you using a ELECTRICAL GAUGE OR MECHANICAL I WOULD GET A INFER RED TEMP GAUGE AND SEE IF THE BLOCK IS GETTING HOT AND THE GAUGE MIGHT BE READING COLD WHEN ITS REALLY AT OPER TEMP
HELL I DONT USE ANY ELECTRICAL GAUGES AT ALL JUST MECHANICAL BETTER AND TRUE READING
cabowabo-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum