93 5.0 H0 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 19:21   #1 (permalink)

choked 93 5.0 H0?

I know this is a mustang forum but engine and controls should be the same i hope. I recently purchased a 93 tbird. After the car warms up it idles fine. When the car is cold it acts like it has a choke, i have to rev it a couple times for it to keep running and then it idles rough. After the car warms up it idles fine. Normal driving it has a hesitation bad enough where i have to feather the gas pedal, it cruises fine on the highway after u get it up to speeds but if i give it too much gas it will act like is choking out, or starving. I tried running it with out the air cleaner but that made no difference at all. I pulled the codes and i got lean o2 sensors and poor egr flow (egr is currently blocked off but that made no difference) there are no stored codes, just the running codes. Does anyone have any ideas. I have already replaced the feul filter and feul pressure reg and they gave the car more power but didnt fix the problem.
5.0 HO automatic.
wep0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2009, 07:26   #2 (permalink)

Re: 93 5.0 H0

may be a bad thermo-temp sensor it tells the computer if the engine is cold or operating temp, it tells computer to add more fuel to engine when its cold ,and increse idle speed,thats why efi dosent need a choke, and redirects comuter when engine gets warm, these engines use two of these sensors , one controlls the h-c gauge on the dash, the other tells the computer how hot the engine is, they ore located on the front of the intake manifold threaded into a coolant passage
keith28fykerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:37   #3 (permalink)

Also check the catalytic convertor, and the pug wires,cap and rotor.
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 22:33   #4 (permalink)
SC= smoked chevy

Re: choked 93 5.0 H0?

I know how to fix the problem you have. it happened to me on my old mercury cougar XR-7. 1. it may need a new MAF sensor, mass air flow. 2. go to autozone and buy a can of seafoam. its pure petrol. pour 1/3 of the can in your oil, 1/3 of the can in your gas tank, 1/3 of the can in the brake booster or pcv valve. after doing the seafoam treatment your cars rough idle should go away and throotle response should be better too. like i said if it isn't the MAF sensor just buy a can of seafoam.

"horse power gets you there, torque keeps you there"
Grant218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 15:08   #5 (permalink)

quick question, i have a 95 150 i6 300 and no matter cold or hot, tapping the pedal gives this lag (drops 150-200 rpms) and returns to idle. it idles smooth enough but when you first accelerate it does this lag then responds...any help is greatly appreciated.
geesey255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum