any late mustang aussie owners here? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2005, 00:32   #1 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

any late mustang aussie owners here?

i cant be the only late model mustang owner in australia that doesnt drive a stock one?
95 Mustang GT 302: VQ-S2 Vortech - Edelbrock Intake - BBK 70mm TB - UPR Boostpipe - TwEECer - Walbro 255 & T-Rex fuel pump - MSD btm - Crane HI-6 - 36# injectors - Pro-m 80mm MAF - Kirban FPR - FMS 9mm leads - FMS 3.73 Gears - Transgo Shift kit - B&M cooler - Saleen guage pod, FMS Boost and FP guages - R/H drive - Eibach Springs - Holley headers, http://www.meales.com.au
gtcoupe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2005, 00:39   #2 (permalink)
XFFAIRMONT

Re: any late mustang aussie owners here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcoupe95
i cant be the only late model mustang owner in australia that doesnt drive a stock one?
Would love one mate just havent got that kinda funds available at my age yet. Personaly i really like the 88 GT's in the laterish models. Nice little car with a 5litre and 5sp just sucks they are so expensive. Would love to see some pics of yours, under bonnet as well, sounds tuff. Have you checked out the site www.mustangworld.com?
Old 07-09-2005, 07:08   #3 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

ok ive uploaded a couple of images. i have the car featured in an upcoming performance ford magazine.. when it comes out ill scan the pages in and post them
95 Mustang GT 302: VQ-S2 Vortech - Edelbrock Intake - BBK 70mm TB - UPR Boostpipe - TwEECer - Walbro 255 & T-Rex fuel pump - MSD btm - Crane HI-6 - 36# injectors - Pro-m 80mm MAF - Kirban FPR - FMS 9mm leads - FMS 3.73 Gears - Transgo Shift kit - B&M cooler - Saleen guage pod, FMS Boost and FP guages - R/H drive - Eibach Springs - Holley headers, http://www.meales.com.au
Old 07-14-2005, 23:38   #4 (permalink)

Yep, have an 89 GT hatch. It's off the road at present, undergoing a ground-up rebuild (that's taking waaaaay longer than oringinally planned). Won't be stock when finished either. Intending for this to be my play toy, as its stable-mate (BA GT) is my regular cruiser.

Have just spent a couple of months working in Seattle, so have brought home all I need to upgrade the brake department, as Fox bodies around this era had woeful stoppers (still factory drums on the back!). Have 2001 Bullitt calipers all round and Cobra rotors (all new Ford Motorsport parts), plus many parts from wreckers needed for conversion (front spindles, rear axle shafts, etc). Still deciding on wheels, but love the Cobra-R's (17x9).

Lots of stuff going into engine. Have most parts I need, only really have to get my heads now. Aiming for reliable 380-400hp (know you can easily get more, but these cars are light, and will easily account for themselves against late model 'Dores, etc).

Haven't totally decided on interior yet, but it will include brand new EB XR Momo wheel with cruise buttons I picked up recently (the standard wheel looks crap).

Taking time, but having a lot of fun...
BA GT #0909 - Manual, Citric Acid, Stripes, Sunroof, Premium sound, FPV Steering wheel and Mats.
GT 0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:17   #5 (permalink)

Dont have one yet but i hope to one day.I like the sn95's but my favorites would be the Bullet and mach ones they brought out a couple years ago.I realy wish that we didnt have to convert them to wrong hand drive to use them in australia, LHD is better in my opinion and since the gov lets older than 30 year cars keep LHD it cant be a safety issue,dont know what it is.Any way heres a few pics of stangs i took in canada recently.

Have you taken the mustang to willowbank yet?My bro finished his '68 coupe and we went up last month he did a 14.7 @ 97 .hes gonna fix his clutch up and put on some better tires and hope to get a 14 even.so if you want someone to go with let us know and well go up...........might even have the XB going also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2004_0908Image0055.JPG (86.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 2004_0915Image0006.JPG (74.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 2004_0921Image0002.JPG (78.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 2004_0924Image0009.JPG (80.2 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by fastfalc; 07-17-2005 at 05:18. Reason: posted two of the same photo
fastfalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:34   #6 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

no, no willowbank, yet... but in a few months i will.. just a little more tuning and dyno time. i would like to install a trickflow intake and 75mm Throttle body first,, but i will see. and its good to see theres two of us in one country.. apart from a couple of non registered drag cars ive seen that i feel dont really count.
Old 07-21-2005, 23:54   #7 (permalink)

I have a 01 GT, actually just in the process of organizing the importing from Canada and then RHD conversion... which Iam hoping to find maybe some suggestions for who to go with for Mustang conversions??? any suggestions would be appreciated guys.....
I have heard about 'Crossover' in Vic what about any others in Aus.

Also does Tickford do RHD conversions for 'non' Ford Aus. sold Mustangs ie maybe my privitely imported 01 GT stang???

Cheers- Marty
OZBULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 07:00   #8 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZBULLITT
I have a 01 GT, actually just in the process of organizing the importing from Canada and then RHD conversion... which Iam hoping to find maybe some suggestions for who to go with for Mustang conversions??? any suggestions would be appreciated guys.....
I have heard about 'Crossover' in Vic what about any others in Aus.

Also does Tickford do RHD conversions for 'non' Ford Aus. sold Mustangs ie maybe my privitely imported 01 GT stang???

Cheers- Marty
i had mine done through Crossover, in melbourne. there are a few dodgy guys out there that you want to steer clear of.. only go for a mirror image conversion(crossover are apparently the only mirror image conversion as far as i know).. wich means everything is moved from left to right.. where as the cheaper conversion leave steer racks brake booster etc on the other side and through a non quality linkage and bracket sytem under the dash to control the operations..
dont know about tickford! do they still exist? doubt they would be cheap anyway.. are you in QLd by any chance? if so im more than happy to let you look at the conversion quality.. it is nearly undetectable.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:10   #9 (permalink)

confused Re: any late mustang aussie owners here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcoupe95
i had mine done through Crossover, in melbourne. there are a few dodgy guys out there that you want to steer clear of.. only go for a mirror image conversion(crossover are apparently the only mirror image conversion as far as i know).. wich means everything is moved from left to right.. where as the cheaper conversion leave steer racks brake booster etc on the other side and through a non quality linkage and bracket sytem under the dash to control the operations..
dont know about tickford! do they still exist? doubt they would be cheap anyway.. are you in QLd by any chance? if so im more than happy to let you look at the conversion quality.. it is nearly undetectable.
Yeah sounds like 'Crossover' are the best option I have heard about for quality conversion. Re Tickford sorry I have been o/s for some time now and not upto speed on whats been going on with Ford Aus developments Tickford is now FPV I hear.... would of been cool though if they could of done the conversion as apparently they did great conversion work on the stangs imported by Ford Aus. a few years back

P.S. did you import your 85 GT directly from North America yourself? if so do you have any advice re- importing a stang as Iam about to go through the process very soon myself! I have the shipping organized but customs paperwork and then dealing with conversion sounds like fun... 'not'
OZBULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 18:10   #10 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZBULLITT
Yeah sounds like 'Crossover' are the best option I have heard about for quality conversion. Re Tickford sorry I have been o/s for some time now and not upto speed on whats been going on with Ford Aus developments Tickford is now FPV I hear.... would of been cool though if they could of done the conversion as apparently they did great conversion work on the stangs imported by Ford Aus. a few years back

P.S. did you import your 85 GT directly from North America yourself? if so do you have any advice re- importing a stang as Iam about to go through the process very soon myself! I have the shipping organized but customs paperwork and then dealing with conversion sounds like fun... 'not'
i had a company do it for me ex japan. ive had it on the road here since 2002. and now have 18,000kms on it. dont take it out all that often, except to wash the garage dust off, and to the dyno. I dont know if you will run in to any problems, i know there is a limit to numbers on models of cars imported. i think you should check ASAP with Xover if there will be any australian compliance problems.
http://www.crossover-car.com.au/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum