Anyone know the answer? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2003, 18:14   #1 (permalink)
vortechsq1

Anyone know the answer?

My brother recently purchased a 97 Mustang GT. After a few thousand miles the engine starting knocking really bad. (definitely a bottom end problem) The car was covered by a 60 day warranty, so he call the dealership and brought it back for them to diagnose and fix. They are giving him a hard time, telling him it's the transmission, top end, etc., and they don't want to fix it, even though it's under warranty. Their reason for not wanting to fix it is that they said they hooked the car up to a computer and were able to see that he was going 100 mph on a certain date. Now I've been around Mustangs for a while and since when did the on board computer start keeping track of the day, month, and year. My brother is a young kid and I think they are giving him the runaround because of it. Can anyone confirm that there is no way they can isolate how fast the car was going on a certain day? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2003, 19:24   #2 (permalink)

Re: Anyone know the answer?

Have a chat to the guys at http://www.capitalclassics.cyberone.com.au/
Cheers - Eric
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 09:27   #3 (permalink)
Meanstang

I think I would go talk with a lawyer. they are trying to mess with him. I have had may mustangs I just sold a 97 gt. FYI, It dont mater what your brother was doing with the car, It should still be covered. make a note of the date you first found the problem also take it to diff shop and get it checked dont tell them its under warranty and that you are having problems with the place you got it from. tell them that you dont know what was up with it. have them write up something that tells what it would take to fix it and how much. then go back to the place you got it tell them you are getting the car fix and that your lawyer will be in touch with them. hope this helps bro, let me know how it turns out....

later mike
Old 09-08-2003, 04:35   #4 (permalink)

Talk with a lawyer! Read the 60days warranty in detail if there is a item about speed! I am not a lawyer but there shouldn't be such an item in a regular warranty. By the way 100mph is nothing for a Mustang GT. I recently see 150mph with my 97 GT, everything is great (as today). I am not an expert about Mustangs but there should be a harddisk or a huge memory to store all the speeds at certain dates? I don't think that there is such a mechanism. I only heard a storage (log) about the failures such as airbag faiure , ABS failure etc stored on a microchip that you can see with a electrocic device. It shouldn't cover mps dates or 180degree turns or number of times you open the door etc. This is not a plane with a blackbox, it's just as fast as a plane .By the way, is there a clock that handles date in Mustang's (somewhere inside hood). This date issue must be answered by an expert.

AED71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum