Auto or Manuel - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2001, 18:18   #1 (permalink)
In Too Deep...

Question Auto or Manual

Hey,
I guess it depends on if you can drive a stick shift or not. But, I was wondering what you guys thought. Would you recommend a manual or a auto in a 99-01 GT?? PLZ VOTE WHILE YOU ARE HERE!

The manual seems to be faster when racing but if I were to get an auto I wouldn't have to worry about all the shifting :)

Autos seem kinda boring... Point and hit the gas :s2:
:bhrmmm2:__:crazy3:__ :bs3:
__
____
Wade Buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2001, 18:30   #2 (permalink)
xtonkax

No to the automatic. IMHO, of course. It depends on the type of driving you will do. If you spend a lot of time in stop and go traffic, it can be murder on the clutch. Personally, I'll buy a new clutch.
Old 11-04-2001, 18:48   #3 (permalink)
In Too Deep...

Hey!! Guess what I just found in Evansville!! A 99' Mustang SVT Cobra for $19,995!!

ITS BLACK!! Looks "MEAN"

* Photo Included! * Has Warranty! * This late model two door vehicle includes Power Steering, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Power Driver's Seat, Cassette Player, Premium Sound System, Reclining Seats, and Power Lumbar Seat(s).

Features

Limited Slip Differential; 5 MPH Bumpers; CFC-Free Air Conditioning; Custom Wheels; Driver Depowered Air Bag; Front Fog Lights; Front Shoulder Seatbelts; Passenger Depowered Air Bag; Power Door Locks; Rear Defroster; Rear Shoulder Seatbelts; Tilt Steering Wheel; Air Conditioning; Power Steering; Power Brakes; Power Door Locks; Power Windows; Cassette Player; Gauge Cluster; Clock; Trip Odometer; Tachometer; Air Conditioning; Tilt Steering Wheel; Cruise Control; Tinted Glass; Interval Wipers; Rear Defroster; Remote Trunk Lid; Driver Side Airbag; Console; Carpeting; Vanity Mirror; Day-Night Lever; Front Bucket Seats; Reclining Seats; Security System; Power Drivers Seat; Courtesy Lights; Leather Upholstery; Power Lumbar Seats; CD Player; Anti-Lock Breaking System; Passenger Side Airbag; Premium Sound System; Dual Remote Mirrors; Traction Control; Theft Deterrent System;
__
____
Old 11-04-2001, 18:56   #4 (permalink)

an LSD hmm? nice. Gotta be careful of that much power, especially when you arent familiar with a clutch. I know Id never buy an automatic.
Old 11-04-2001, 18:58   #5 (permalink)
In Too Deep...

My dad has driven manuals his whole life and he said he can teach me... I already know how... I just might screw up and grind it a few times... Then I should be fine after I get used to it...

WISH ME LUCK!!
__
____
Old 11-04-2001, 18:59   #6 (permalink)

If youre not too familiar with how to drive a clutch, dont learn on your new car unless you want to replace the clutch soon there after. I learned thru a school and I didnt go thru any clutches too quickly on my cars.
Old 11-04-2001, 19:04   #7 (permalink)
In Too Deep...

I think my dad will probably have me drive around the neighborhood (BIG) for practice until I get my license(illegally :)). I don't know of any schools around here, but if I do screw up the clutch I will just buy a new one... I don't have an old car to practice with caus my step-sister just got hit by a UPS truck in here old manuel celica. :s3 It took the front end off but thankfully she is OK.
__
____
Old 11-04-2001, 19:14   #8 (permalink)
In Too Deep...

Crap,
I just noticed I forgot to make a poll and now it won't let me make one... :dead:

Does anyone know how high the insurance would be on a 99' SVT Cobra for a 15 yr old?? I won't be driving it until the end of this year when I turn 16.
__
____
Old 11-05-2001, 14:46   #9 (permalink)
Bullitt Mustang Member

Far more than you want to pay

Wade,

I'm sure that Insurance will be far more than you want to pay. I am 22, married, get multi-car discount, have no tickets/accidents and drive a 2001 Bullitt. My insurance is ~ $170/mo.

I would guess yours will be at least $200/mo.

ps. GO manual, way more fun, easier and cheaper to work on.
JLBullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 15:00   #10 (permalink)
In Too Deep...

eek Insurance

Do you think my insurance would be at least $200 because of my age?? If I was you age do you think it would be lower than yours?? Probably...

WELL, MY DAD TOOK ME ON A TEST DRIVE AND I HAVE TO SAY... THE CAR KICKS ASS. IT IS BLACK WITH TINTED WINDOWS AND BRAND NEW COBRA R WHEELS. IT ALSO HAD BRAND NEW TIRES. MY DAD GOT IT UP TO SPEED AND IT RAN GREAT. HE SAID HE WAS LOOKING FOR A CAR FOR UNDER $18,500 TOPS. But, this is the cheapest 99' Cobra I have ever seen!!

BAD NEWS: Some guy was trading a GT in while we were looking at the Cobra... When we left he was still looking at it, I got a feeling my dream car just slipped away... :err:
__
____
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum