big block 460 in to a 86 Ford Mustang - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2006, 16:08   #1 (permalink)

Question big block 460 in to a 86 Ford Mustang

big block 460 in to a 86 Ford Mustang i need to know if it has been done if so how would it work and is there a beter morto to put in. is the wight to much. i have the c-6 tran will someone give me so idears so i cant it in . thank you
cmeadows86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2006, 01:22   #2 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

Re: big block 460 in to a 86 Ford Mustang

House of speed did a Fox body car with a 514 recently, they would be glad to talk to you about your project. Shop number is 281-821-3559.
95 Mustang GT 302: VQ-S2 Vortech - Edelbrock Intake - BBK 70mm TB - UPR Boostpipe - TwEECer - Walbro 255 & T-Rex fuel pump - MSD btm - Crane HI-6 - 36# injectors - Pro-m 80mm MAF - Kirban FPR - FMS 9mm leads - FMS 3.73 Gears - Transgo Shift kit - B&M cooler - Saleen guage pod, FMS Boost and FP guages - R/H drive - Eibach Springs - Holley headers, http://www.meales.com.au
gtcoupe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 15:15   #3 (permalink)

[QUOTE=gtcoupe95]House of speed did a Fox body car with a 514 recently, they would be glad to talk to you about your project. Shop number is 281-821-3559.
thank for the info but the number is no working
cmeadows86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 15:51   #4 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

I hope you are in the US or if not dialling the right area extensions.. these are the details..
House of Speed
16504 Aldine Westfield Rd
Spring, TX 77373

Tel: 281-821-3559
95 Mustang GT 302: VQ-S2 Vortech - Edelbrock Intake - BBK 70mm TB - UPR Boostpipe - TwEECer - Walbro 255 & T-Rex fuel pump - MSD btm - Crane HI-6 - 36# injectors - Pro-m 80mm MAF - Kirban FPR - FMS 9mm leads - FMS 3.73 Gears - Transgo Shift kit - B&M cooler - Saleen guage pod, FMS Boost and FP guages - R/H drive - Eibach Springs - Holley headers, http://www.meales.com.au
gtcoupe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:40   #5 (permalink)
Darth Champ

You certainly don't need a shop's help to do this swap. There is tons of information out there if you look.

Big Block Fox
460ford.com :: Index

Just to name a few. Weight is about 200# more than a small block if you use iron BB heads. Go with aluminum and knock off around 75-90 lbs. You can use either Hooker, Crites Restoration, or Ford Racing engine mounts. Headers from just about any header manufacturer. C6 transmission will fit with slight modifications to the crossmember (be sure you use a double hump transmission crossmember). An 8.8 rear will live for a while with proper preparations. Depending on how serious of a big block you go with you might want to look into a bolt in 9" rear housing from Currie, Moser, Strange Engineering, or Mark Williams.

An aftermarket tubular crossmember will free up tons of header space and make this swap considerably easier. We've done several of these swaps and the cars consistently fly. Our first Thunderbird had a 466" engine with iron heads (unported), a flat tappet hydraulic cam from FRPP, Offy Port-O-Sonic intake, 850 Holley, Hooker 2" headers, C4 transmission with a 3500 converter, 4.11 gears with 28x10.5 tires. Weight came in at 3320 lbs. and the car went 10.50's to 10.70's at 133 mph. No problem.

SD Wheeler
FFW U/S # 1
2006 Ultra Stang World Champion

Know the Power of the Dark Side.
ShadowMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum