Boss 302 - Potential New Owner - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 15:20   #1 (permalink)

Boss 302 - Potential New Owner

I'm looking at new cars since my current car is getting long in the tooth and expensive to maintain. I'm looking at 3 cars primarily: 2009 M3, 2008-2009 Porsche Cayman S and the 2013 Boss 302.

What has your experience been with the Mustang in terms of reliability, build quality and overall experience? I'm not expecting BMW interior quality in the Boss 302, and I've looked at the 2013 model to see and confirmed my expectations. The fit and finish is good and tight, but the materials were cheaper (expected). My question is, how long does the interior stay tight? Do they develop rattles and squeaks like I've seen in older Ford/Chevy/GM vehicles?

What's average for maintenance expense? I'm expecting it to be way cheaper than my current 2006 M3 (older bodystyle), but that's not a hard bar to beat since I am spending $3k+ per year on maintenance... Which is a big reason I'm considering going with a Boss 302 rather than a BMW or Porsche.

One of the things I love about my current car is the ridiculously balanced handling, which I may lose going to the Mustang vs. the M3/Cayman since it's got a live rear axle rather than independent suspension. Has that been as large a factor as it's been made out to be? I know they've made good times around tracks, but I expect that's due to the tuning and professional drivers that make up for deficiencies and may mask handling differences between cars. That said, handling is one of the most difficult factors to gauge between cars and can't be determined on a test drive (unless you've got a crazy salesman).

Any other issues I may not be aware of, such as rear visibility? I'm looking to buy within the next 1-1.5 months and would greatly appreciate input from those of you with experience with the Boss 302.

Thanks for reading!

-Brian
Azaraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 19:06   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: Boss 302 - Potential New Owner

American automakers have come a long way in the fit and assembly of autos. You also get what you pay for, for example, our previous car was a Grand Prix GT, presently we have a GTP. We loved the GTP, but the quality added to the GTP really sets it apart from the other levels.

I personally don't know anyone with a Boss, but I know a lot of GT's and standard 'Stangs running around (my sister, my mother, my neighbor and my boss), and I haven't heard of a complaint from anyone of them. The 'Stangs are better balanced of the pony's of the 60's and 70's and they may surprise you with their handling
CatSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum