EEC IV - help with the codes....
I've got a 6 cyl manual ED Falcon. I think it has the automatic ECU in it, though I was told this wasn't a problem.
I'm hoping someone can help me work thru some of these.
I ran the key off engine off ( KOEO ) test and got some interesting codes:
- 15 Readout memory test failed. Does this mean that the ECU is actually buggered and needs to be replaced?
- 67 Park Neutral Position. I figure this doesn't matter with a manual, and may be from having an auto ECU.
- 22 MAP/BPR out of range. MAP/MAF buggered?
- 27 The only reference I saw to this was "Vehicle Speed Sensor in 2.3L Turbo". WTF??
- 36 Lean at idle (I think).
- 61 Engine Coolant Temp too low/grounded. Temp has been where it always has been.
- 63 Throttle Positioning Sensor too low
- 64 Intake Air temperature too low/grounded
I tried running the key off engine running ( KOER) test, but it wouldn't work. I did see a post elsewhere that said this happened when the computer couldn't control the idle properly. In one case, they had to replace the MAF.
The only thing that's been mucking up (mainly last week in hot weather) is that it's been idle hunting a bit when warm and stalled in the hot weather when letting off the gas. Ran fine under acceleration and no real loss of power. I'm actually a bit suspicious that the base idle is actually too low. I dunno if that actually may be related to the above memory codes.
Goddamit!! I can't believe it runs! But I can't work out where I would start with that list :(