end of a dream- lesson learned- - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2005, 09:39   #1 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

end of a dream- lesson learned-

Well my new 2006 GT FINALLY arrived Tuesday...Said 'goodbye' thursday...

http://www.blueovalforums.com/index....dpost&p=248597
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2005, 07:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: end of a dream- lesson learned-

My heart goes out to you. It's a shame, it's a damn shame.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 17:31   #3 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy94PGT
My heart goes out to you. It's a shame, it's a damn shame.
the thing that really suprised me was how the carhauler driver seemed so unconcerned...I mean the guy had a quarter million bucks worth of cargo on there and couldnt be more careful...everyone makes mistakes for sure, but it seemed weird that it really didnt seem to bother him. Heck if I smacked up a brand new car at delivery, I'd have been a nervous wreck...
like I said though, was the best thing that ever could have happened for me, as I hadnt realized just how obsessed I had become about 'this' car...hopefully a different guy will drop off the next one- intact even :)

(and soon!)

never really thought about carhaulers- those drivers would have to be one of two types:

1) best in the world- expensive/easily damaged cargo that he has to load/unload and secure solely by himself.

2) could care less- as its someone elses money...wether the buyer has been waiting months for it, it aint no worry of his...

wonder percentage wise what the damage rate is on shipping new vehicles? I'm a guessin its probably more than a few percent...bet they pay crazy insurance rates...
Old 10-27-2005, 20:55   #4 (permalink)

So, did they send you a new one? Same color? What's going on with it?

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 22:23   #5 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshmeat
So, did they send you a new one? Same color? What's going on with it?
waiting...supposedly got 'priority 1' (again) if so got its vin tonight(they serialize thursdays- system usually wont update till tuesday, but dealer should get new DORA tomorrow in report from Ford).
Ford regional guy called me right after I finally cancelled the first one/said send it back, promised to build identical twin to the first order, should get built in Nov, but could only promise 'delivered before Christmas'...they are giving me a 5 yr warranty at no charge for the trouble, thats pretty cool- although it will be snowing by the time it gets here...snow sucks.

Old 10-28-2005, 07:49   #6 (permalink)

Good luck with it. Have someone go with you when you pick it up so we can get pictures of your face the first time you start and drive that beautiful beast!!

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum