engine shaking on 2000 ford mustang need advice - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 23:48   #1 (permalink)

engine shaking on 2000 ford mustang need advice

hi my name is derrick and i have a 2000 ford mustang 3.8L.147,000 mi.-new fuel filter ,air filter, new plugs and wires with no fluid leaks anywhere, well i switched from regular oil to high mile synthetic and now my engine shakes..the motor mounts appear to be ok , and i sprayed starter fluid around all the air hoses to see if the engine would idle up-but nothing happened...really dont know what else to check. It was running perfect one day and the day after the oil change it started running rough, almost feeling un-balanced. Idle @ .75 grand is fine....idle over .75 grand, shaking..and it shakes all the way through the car , i can hear the exhaust rattling around, steering wheel shaking...its crazy...i dont know...a few tips for me to check would be much appreciated, thank you...oh yea no codes on code machine
djbjrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2011, 02:42   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: engine shaking need advice

If it all started since oil change , is it the correct oil grade or over filled ?
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:23   #3 (permalink)

i take it to vavoline everytime ...i will call them and ask them
Old 01-17-2011, 05:08   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbjrb View Post
hi my name is derrick and i have a 2000 ford mustang 3.8L.147,000 mi.-new fuel filter ,air filter, new plugs and wires with no fluid leaks anywhere, well i switched from regular oil to high mile synthetic and now my engine shakes..the motor mounts appear to be ok , and i sprayed starter fluid around all the air hoses to see if the engine would idle up-but nothing happened...really dont know what else to check. It was running perfect one day and the day after the oil change it started running rough, almost feeling un-balanced. Idle @ .75 grand is fine....idle over .75 grand, shaking..and it shakes all the way through the car , i can hear the exhaust rattling around, steering wheel shaking...its crazy...i dont know...a few tips for me to check would be much appreciated, thank you...oh yea no codes on code machine
Hello and good day:

Have you checked all of your Wiring, Connections, and Vac Lines?

A simple Oil change should not cause this type of shaking of the engine.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:38   #5 (permalink)
Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbjrb View Post
i take it to vavoline everytime ...i will call them and ask them
Should be o.k then .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:05   #6 (permalink)

yes i checked all vac lines and all connections..everything checked out at vavoline...went to ford dealership and tech there said to check the crankshaft balancer...he said there should be a plastic ring around the actual part, so im looking into that now,, at a quick glance i didnt see any ring of sorts
Old 02-03-2011, 12:37   #7 (permalink)

Do the oil change yourself. Valvoline may have been looking for some extra work and, if you "always" take your car to them they may have thought you'd bring it back to them for the work. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard of somebody tinkering with your car to make it seem like you needed all sorts of work when you don't. That, or they could be very inept and have screwed something up.

I took my car a Valvoline ONCE because it was brutally cold for weeks and I just didn't want to do my oil change in the cold. I asked them to replace the air filter as well - they didn't have the right size so they crammed one WAY to big in there and sent me on my way... didn't find it until my next oil change in the spring. I was pretty Oh, and they also told me that my S-belt was "all cracked" and needed to be replaced - that was 5 years ago and I just did it this past fall because I had it apart doing other repairs - still didn't "need" to be done.
luv2per4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum