First Intertia Switch? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2002, 09:44   #1 (permalink)
andrewsg

Question First Intertia Switch?

I was starting to tear out the interior of my 1986 LX Convert and I found a couple of little goodies. One in particular struck me as strange.. what in the heck is the first intertia switch. It is located on the driver's side, just in front of the rear light fixture.

Could someone inform me on what this thing does? There seems to be an actual switch on it, but its 'stuck'.... there isn't anything like this on the 89 donor car that I have.

Please advise.

Thanks!

-G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2002, 11:34   #2 (permalink)
Mustang/Cougar Member

Um, not a 100% sure but my 89 LX had a switch that if you got rear ended. It shut off the fuel. I think that is the same location as well. Does the car have the original manual? It may say something about it. I no longer have my stang or I would look for it to see if it is the same thing. :tup:
Bobnoxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum