Which Flash Tuner is best - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 08:42   #1 (permalink)

Which Flash Tuner is best

I have two Mustangs. The daily driver is a 2006 V6 and my project (fun) car is a 2008 GT Premium.
I am looking into flash tuners so "adjust" some of the parameters and to maybe reduce the speed capability of my V6 so my son doesn't get into trouble if you know what I mean. Does anyone know which tuner allows the best tuning variables so I can basically tune in both directions on two different cars?
Perfect61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2009, 18:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: Which Flash Tuner is best

To the best of my knowledge, there is no tuner that can tune multiple cars. The tuner is used for the car it is "locked" to. Once you use the tuner on a vehicle, the tuner downloads the stock programming, and uploads the custom tune to the PCM module, and it is locked to that vehicle electronically.

I personally use the SCT tuning device. (Specifically the SCT II XCalibrator) SCT also seems to be the most popular, most used.

I also do not recommend writing a tune or changing some stock parameters if you are not experienced in it. You can unwittingly do alot of damage to your car. Its best to leave it to the pros, such as Brenspeed, Bamachips, and JDM Engineering, to name a few. Also, on your 08 GT, to take full advantage of a custom tune it is a good idea to look into a cold air intake (aka "CAI") as well as a tuner. They can be usually found as a package, and work in conjunction with each other. Hope this info. helps!
jamesjdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum