Ford dealer stole my tire during an oil change! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2006, 13:18   #1 (permalink)

mad Ford dealer stole my tire during an oil change!

Alright I need some suggestions. I went into an oil change appointment at the Ford dealership with 4 matching Toyo T1-S tires (which are now discontinued). 2 hours later they tell me my car's ready. As I approached my car one of the mechanics came running at me with some paperwork he said I needed and totally distracted me. So I left and made a 5 minute pit stop at a store for milk. As I walked towards my car I noticed that I only had 3 matching tires. I hightailed myself back to the dealership who proceeded to deny knowing anything about a tire switch. What am I supposed to do now? I know they took that tire, there's no way that someone could jack up my car, take the tire off the rim and replace the tire, all in a parking lot during 5 minutes. The dealership is the only place I went that day and they're the only ones with the equipment to do a tire swap. Any suggestions???
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2006, 16:19   #2 (permalink)
New toy in the shed

Re: Ford dealer stole my tire during an oil change!

Have you checked your spare? That's the first place i would look, they may have done a tire rotation??
ch7472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:55   #3 (permalink)

After I'd checked the spare I'd approach the dealerships manager & let him know your dont think he did it but one of his staff has done the wrong thing and could he help sort it out perhaps pointing out it does not bode well for his companys reputation. If response is not good tell him you will have to file a complaint with head office ,consumer affairs ,the police and the local talk back radio stations.Explain that this is not your prefered course of action and you had hoped that this could be resolved quickly and amicably but if forced to you will fight to get what is yours returned to you.

97 TJ wrangler lifted 33" JT etc

04 VY SS Commadore 5.7(wifes)
krankieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:20   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the suggestions. My spare is still in my trunk so I'm going to go back to them today. So frustrated....
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 15:25   #5 (permalink)

finger print the odd wheel Bingo
Old 04-29-2006, 06:41   #6 (permalink)

Burn the place down!

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum