Help! 2007 Mustang ABS/Traction Control Ques - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 01:15   #1 (permalink)

Question Help! 2007 Mustang ABS/Traction Control Ques

I want to buy a 2007 Mustang very soon (don't know if Deluxe or Premium but NOT a GT or convertible) and the dealership said it has ABS but not traction control. I thought if it has ABS, it was a package deal that would automatically come with traction control. I live in Chicago so I HAVE to have both these features.

Is it possible for this Mustang to have (not just 4-Wheel Lock, etc.) but ABS but not Traction Control? Since the dealership I want to buy from isn't a Ford dealership, I called another Ford dealership (guy didn't seem to sure but said no) and they told me they cannot install traction control - that it has to be installed at the factory.

My questions are:

1 - Can this 2007 Mustang have ABS without traction control?
2 - Does anyone know if a local Ford dealership can install traction control or does it really have to be factory installed?

Please help as I want to buy this car this upcoming weekend!
(Jan 30 or 31, 2009)
ChicagoNY29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 11:52   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: Help! 2007 Mustang ABS/Traction Control Ques

As far as I recall, traction control is built into the central computer. Needless to say it'll be cheaper and less exhausting to search around for a vehicle that has this feature if you're truly interested. ABS is a sole option. In order to have traction control you have to have the ABS, which in GT models is standard. If you're a defensive driver and take it easy in the snow and rain you won't ever need traction control. What traction control does is if it senses speed variations between axles it'll cut power to the vehicle so you can better stay on track. In a rear wheel drive vehicle I believe this isn't good for the reason that to get back on track, sometimes (depending on weather/traction) the only way to get back on track is to give the vehicle a bit of power, which the traction control 'nanny' won't allow.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:10   #3 (permalink)

Re: Help! 2007 Mustang ABS/Traction Control Ques

Why not just go to the vehicle website from Ford? I know for a fact Traction Control (TC) is standard on the GT as is ABS. I believe ABS standard as well on the V6 model, but I can guarantee that TC is standard, even my '09 Focus has it, but again, check the site to be sure.
jamesjdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum