hissing sound - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 14:42   #1 (permalink)

hissing sound

the first time i heard this sound was 1 week ago it sounds like its comeing from the bottom underneath the car its happens when i put it in park and turn it off thats when i here this sounds like air leaking out of a tire or something but from u nder the car any help plz
tmuller02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 17:49   #2 (permalink)
Performance...all the way

Re: hissing sound

From what part of the car? If its the front, does it make that sound when the hood is up? If so it might be a vacuum leak. If its the back, it might be a leak in the brake cable.

just a thought
Old 02-28-2009, 19:07   #3 (permalink)

i have a 3.8 v6 sounds like from under the front of the car with the hood down sounds like a tire leak that sound
Old 02-28-2009, 19:15   #4 (permalink)

do any codes come up if it was a vacum leak just had my engine scanned and found no codes but sometimes when i get into the car first thing in the morning before i start it it smeels funny like a strong smell
Old 02-28-2009, 19:17   #5 (permalink)

also after i drive it and turn it off it sounds like crackling or something when i get out the vechile
Old 03-01-2009, 12:36   #6 (permalink)
Thing 1

You can get a small plastic or copper tube at a hardware store- about 3/8. It is easy to bend for tight places. Place it up to your ear and move it around the car to locate the general area of the noise.
1meanGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 19:07   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmuller02 View Post
also after i drive it and turn it off it sounds like crackling or something when i get out the vechile

thats pretty normal, its slowly releasing the oil pressure, you can definatly hear that in a 4cyl

What kind of smell? With a weird smell, It might be a leak in the trans line. There might be a stopped up trans line and the pressure could have caused a small leak.
Old 03-03-2009, 17:51   #8 (permalink)

it does kind of smell like trans fluid but know trouble code the car is still under warrenty its a 3.8 v6 when im pusin 70 my rpms are at 2 is that norm it kind of feels like its shifting hard on the down shift at 40 mph
Old 03-03-2009, 18:07   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmuller02 View Post
it does kind of smell like trans fluid but know trouble code the car is still under warrenty its a 3.8 v6 when im pusin 70 my rpms are at 2 is that norm it kind of feels like its shifting hard on the down shift at 40 mph
Yeah my car has a trans from a mustang, there really good ones. My first thought about hard downshifts would be a trans filter. Mine kinda acted like that and a new filter fixed it.

Last edited by speaker_king; 03-03-2009 at 18:09.
speaker_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum