How much horse does a stock 5.0 1990 GT come with? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2001, 11:40   #1 (permalink)
lethstang

How much horse does a stock 5.0 1990 GT come with?

thanks in advance :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2001, 12:31   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Hi lethstang welcome to the forum. A stock 5.0 HO motor has 225 hp. Do you have 90 GT.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 12:35   #3 (permalink)
lethstang

yes, i just bought it. only 225 hp hmm? do you have any suggestions on how to get some cheap horsepower? im thinking of going with underdrive pullies as i hear they are cheap and add about 20 hp. do you guys know of anything else? oh i also have a k +n air filter and flowmasters. i dont know how much hp they add, if any
Old 11-05-2001, 12:53   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Sounds like you have already made a good start.Exhaust ,air intake and underdrive pullies.There is a lot of stuff out there for the 5.0. I guess it depends on your budget as well.There are quite a few modded stangs here and I'm certain some of these people could tell you which mods were worthwhile for you.There is a" list your mods" thread from a few days ago that give a few ideas. Come on everyone which are the best mods to do. Do you have any pic's of your ride lethstang.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 16:52   #5 (permalink)
P71Times2

A good 87 - 93 'stang will pull about 205 to 210 RWHP with only headers and exhaust mods.

I'd recommend going with suspension mods before you start adding more power to the car. I have a 1989 hatchback, and it was running 13.5's with the stock engine. At that time it had a T-5, steeda upper and lower control arms, tokico 5 way adjustable drag struts and shocks, sub frame connectors, and a detroit locker with 3.73's, MAC equal length shorties, and a 2.5" catback system along with an off road 'h' pipe.

Once you get the suspension set up so it can handle the power without jumping around or flexing you can start in on the engine. The HO 5.0's are about the easiest engines out there to work on when it comes to adding additional horsepower. Not difficult at all to get at least 300 RWHP, N/A..

Old 11-27-2001, 15:41   #6 (permalink)
Probe Owner

stock.. i would say 190 whp.. at flywheel like 225.
whorebot=gone
jared r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum