Ford Forums banner

i need to find out how to get my key code!!

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Fifty150 
#1 ·
i have a 94 cobra and my cheating ass husband decided to take off with it...and he took my keys and sighned the title over to him somehow...i called the dealer and they cant give it to me b/c its more than 10 yrs old...and ima steal it back but i need a damn key...besides hotwiring it...how can i get my code to get my cobra back???..

any suggestions??

#2 ·
i have a 94 cobra and my cheating ass husband decided to take off with it...and he took my keys and sighned the title over to him somehow...i called the dealer and they cant give it to me b/c its more than 10 yrs old...and ima steal it back but i need a damn key...besides hotwiring it...how can i get my code to get my cobra back???..

any suggestions??
I recommend contacting a lawyer for help with this issue.

#3 ·
Are you talking about just having a key made for the car? You may be able to get the VIN number and give it to a locksmith and they can somehow make one that works for the car. I had this happen when I bought my first 96 Explorer, we drove to the bank in it to get my money and I locked it in habit and none of the keys worked to unlock it so they had to get a master key made for the vehicle and all they did was send in the VIN to a locksmith and 80 something dollars? later we had a new key :)

#4 ·
No such thing as a master key. Don't try to get a locksmith in the middle of your mess. A repuable locksmith will verify ownership of the vehicle before making a key. They have to obey the laws and so do you. Go through the legal system to get your car back!

#5 ·
thanks for the help guys..

well 4 am saturday i found the car sitting at an apt complex with no front plates and backed in...so i got it...(i cant say how i got it)..lol...his clothes and his little girlfriends clothes were in and yes still got em..dont know what to do with them......ae called the cops to report it stolen..and my title came up missing months ago right..he said he didnt know whare it was...when he called the cops out to say i stole the car they seen the title had 5 different dates and 10 different inks on it and it had been forged...so they gave it back to me and its got new plates and registered to my dad so he cant get it..lol

he got pwned......haha sucks for him

~heather

#6 ·
Heather,

Now there is more than one way to recover a vehicle (as most good auto recovery professionals know). But the easiest way is to have spare keys. Also, don't keep the actual title in the vehicle. Your local Department of Motor Vehicles sends you a receipt of registration for you to carry in your vehicle in case you should have to show it to a peace officer. That's all that you need, along with Drivers License and proof of insurance.

Your best course of action, in the above described scenario, would have been to seek legal remedies. You were married to the poor guy. So that means what? The vehicle could have been, depending on your local jurisdiction, community property. Do the right thing. Declare it as an asset in your divorce petition and allow the courts to adjudicate and decide on the disposition of the property.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.