I REALLY NEED HELP!! Mustang smog help please some one help me - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 08:53   #1 (permalink)

I REALLY NEED HELP!! Mustang smog help please some one help me

I really need help, I bought an 1981 mustang fox body, and it won't pass smog. I was told that it doesn't have any valves or canister lines, also a plate that oes between the carburetor and intake. Can some one help me? And tell me what parts i need. Or does any one have a diagram of smog part on a 1981 ford mustang fox body I really need help
I only have the permit for one more month
enano707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 14:20   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: I REALLY NEED HELP!! Mustang smog help please some one help me

Not sure, where are you at? In NY, an 81 doesn't have to pass smog.
Old 05-27-2013, 15:47   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

In many states (California for sure) the seller is responsible if the car is missing emissions equipment at the time of sale.
Bajarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:26   #4 (permalink)

My 1983 had an aftermarket manifold so the EGR system was missing. To pass the smog test in CT I had to put on a stock manifold (from EBAY) and I then could not get it to pass with any of the Holley Carbs I tried. I eventually had to put on a two barrel and run the timing down to 8 degrees BTDC in order to pass the test, barely. Mind you this was 6 years ago and thankfully 25+ year old cars are exempt in CT so I just put my aftermarket Manifold and double-pumper back on . . . .

EDIT The stock manifold had a big plate under the carb that had the coil mounted on it and it was supposed to control the heat that got to the carb. Mind you mine was an 83 so the 81 might be totally different.
bismarck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum