I seek help for Tires - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 18:38   #1 (permalink)

I seek help for Tires

Hello, I´m from Germany and have a 1980 Mustang Ghia. In Germany have I not a chance Original Tires in Dimension 190/65 HR 390 (TRX) . I seek a producer for this Tires for Import.

Thanks

(sorry, my english so bad)
CobraJet 99817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2007, 06:37   #2 (permalink)

Re: I seek help for Tires

I have bad news for you. Michelin and Avon no longer make these tires, and no one else does, either. The only tires out there would be pretty old used items (most about 20 years old) - and I would not recommend using those.

The TRX tires (and the special wheels that came with them) are unique, and its unsafe to try to mount normal tires on those wheels. Michelin invented the TRX design, but even they gave up on them a long time ago. The technology never caught on, and Michelin lost a mint on the concept.

I would suggest you upgrade the car with a 5 lug conversion and run newer wheels and tires. If you need further help, feel free to ask - I ran a quick search on EBay, and found history of a few sets of used TRX wheels and tires being sold - though again, I WOULD NOT trust these ancient tires!

His co-driver is at: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589291
tripleblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:22   #3 (permalink)

Thank you, I have a website found in Germany, Munich. I can sale this Tires in the store. In Germany is a problem with other wheels and tires wenn the car is a oldtimer.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:26   #4 (permalink)

You are welcome. I lived in Germany for 2 years (Baumholder - Wetzel Kasserne) before going to Vietnam.

I thought of trying out some VERY rusty German, but your English is superior to my German!

His co-driver is at: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589291
tripleblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 22:19   #5 (permalink)
Grumpy old man

Here is a website in the UK selling TRX tires. They are still being produced and are quite easily available in the US.

Michelin TRX Tires and Michelin TDX Tires

GT-40X303 heads, E-cam, 1.6 roller rockers,
Cobra intake, Edelbrock 65mm t/b, 73 mm C&L, CAI,
24 lb injectors, AFPR, 3.73's, March underdrives.

FRPP headers, Bassani catted X, SLP Loudmouth.
This thing is loud!!!

Pony R's with Eagle ZR's, stock AOD.

Cervini's Air Extractor hood
2003 GT seats
Springtime Edition mirrors & wing

ff member 157
wythors is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum