ignition control module - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2006, 21:46   #1 (permalink)

ignition control module

i was wondering where is it located... i need to replace it on a 3.8L mustang 2002 but i was wondering where it is at.. I am used to working an very early style motors and electronics are new to me.. should it be underneath where the spark plug wires plug into.. distributor cap thing...
thanks
FlynFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2006, 14:50   #2 (permalink)

Re: ignition control module

Try the AutoZone.com - Get in the Zone! webpage for the repair manual for your car. I have used this webpage for my cars and it's pretty good at identifying and providing the needed repair instructions. After you've identified your auto, then you can go to a section that locator the parts/components on that model auto. Try it and see what I mean.
richie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 18:26   #3 (permalink)
Always the student

It doesn't show the control module for his car on Auto Zones site. I'm not sure where it is on the 2002 mustang. Is this your car? If so, what does your manual say? You do have one ,don't you?
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 20:22   #4 (permalink)
Death & Taxes

no ignition control module on '02 models. '96 and later the PCM functions as the overall controller of the ignition system.
Old 11-29-2006, 14:02   #5 (permalink)

I was surprized when I went to the Autozone website to look for the module, and found that they did not presently have the repair info available for the 2002 mustang. That's one of the reasons why you couldn't find it. The other is that function is apparently performed by something called the PCM according to the message from "Tape". And no, this isn't my vehicle and I don't have access to the manual. My mustang is a 1995.

I hope that you can find the answer to you problem.
richie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 16:36   #6 (permalink)
Always the student

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie65
I was surprized when I went to the Autozone website to look for the module, and found that they did not presently have the repair info available for the 2002 mustang. That's one of the reasons why you couldn't find it. The other is that function is apparently performed by something called the PCM according to the message from "Tape". And no, this isn't my vehicle and I don't have access to the manual. My mustang is a 1995.

I hope that you can find the answer to you problem.
I was replying to FlynFalcon about the manual. I just didn't do 2 seperate replies.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum