Job 1 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2001, 17:23   #1 (permalink)
ricknco

Anyone out there have a 2001 Cobra on order? I know many have been waiting for over a year. Me just since 10/16/00. From some of the other forums I understand that some pre production Cobras have been built. I work at the Rouge Plant and tomorrow I'm going to take a walk to the Assembly Plant to see them with my own eyes. I have heard many different dates for Job 1 ranging from Feb 28 to Mar 5 to Mar 12 and even sometime in April. Wish someone would make up their mind. I'll let you know if I see any ponies running around the Assembly Plant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2001, 17:53   #2 (permalink)
52merc

I've been waiting for slightly over 12 months now. There has been several postings on BON forums about the preproduction Cobras. The first went through 12-Feb and there are supposed to be a total of 10 or so to go through before production starts full swing.

The guy posting on BON says he works at the Dearborn Assembly Plant, which I don't doubt.

BTW, I had a Mystic Gold Coupe ordered, now I have a Zinc Yellow Coupe on order. Can't wait for it to come. Maybe by the time it gets here all the snow will be gone and I can actually drive it.
Old 02-18-2001, 18:07   #3 (permalink)
Multi Car Owner

When one orders these cars, any for that matter. Do you pay for them in advance? How does that work!?
Marqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2001, 19:11   #4 (permalink)
52merc

Usually you have to put a downpayment on it when you order. This can vary from dealership to dealership, salesman to salesman. Often the DP is $100 to $1,000 depending upon the car. It depends upon your negotiation skills.
Old 02-19-2001, 13:37   #5 (permalink)
ricknco

Hey Guys I work in the Rouge Plant I took a walk through The Dearborn Assembly today. There I found 4(count em 4) pre production Cobras sitting in the display area. They looked great, all coupes blue, black, red, and grey. Some with pollished wheels some with spoilers some with Parchment interior and some with Charcoal. The Parchment interior looks nice but it has a two tone dash board and I'm not to fond of that. The Charcoal interior is awesom all the dash is the same color almost black but the inserts in the seats are a lighter grey and both have the Snake embriodered in them. I'm parcial to the Charcaol I have a Black/Charcoal on order since Oct. Someone on BON said they got a VIN# today we're getting close guys!
Old 02-19-2001, 15:19   #6 (permalink)
52merc

Thanks for the info on the Charcoal interior. That's what I've got on order as well. Its getting close! I can smell it.
Old 02-27-2001, 13:43   #7 (permalink)
ricknco

Thumbs up

Took another walk through the Dearborn Assembly Plant on Monday 2/26 and found a total of seven pre production Cobras on display( 2 verts and 5 coupes). Right beside them were 2 pre production Bullitts they looked pretty good too! I talked to my buddy that works on the line he said once regular production begins (probably 3/12) they would be running 4 Cobras and 4 Bullitts per hour for 2 10 hour shifts do the math 80 Cobras and 80 Bullitts per day. It's getting close guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum