K&N Air filter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2003, 10:09   #1 (permalink)

Question K&N Air filter

Hello everyone. How much horsepower can I gain from replacing my factory air filter with a K&N filter? I have an '02 GT, and have just started suttle modifications, so I am curious as to know how much truth is there in what I've heard about 10-15hp gains? Any insite will be appreciated. Thanks
GSXRIntensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2003, 10:41   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

10 - 15 is a little outlandish. In most cases you can garner around 5, but of course you can look at more if you are changing more in the intake. If you are removing the restricors and a few other things then expect around 8 - 10. But 10 - 15 is a general myth. I replaced my intake on my '03 Cobra and of course my friends shop has a dyno. WE did a before and after and it only garnered a 3 hp difference.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 22:13   #3 (permalink)

I figured that 10hp would be an outrageous gain from such a simple modification as replacing the air filter. What other restriction are you mentioning that I may want to remove in order to get around 8hp from this? I ordered a set of underdrive pulleys, my Bassani X-pipe came in the mail Saturday, and I getting a Magnaflow Cat-back system. Aside from that, a throttle body/mass air meter (possiblitly), and a sport chip are on the way. I'm trying to let my engine breath as much as possible w/out hindering it's drivability. I'd like to get about 320+hp from all my total mods.
GSXRIntensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum