Lookin for a DD - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2004, 12:29   #1 (permalink)

Lookin for a DD

Yes I am new around here, I drive a white 1995 Grand Cherokee (ZJ), that is... less than stock to put it lightly. No i'm not here to start crap... I'll go to some handa or toyota site if i want to do that ehehehe. I am starting to look for a DD aka daily driver since my Jeep is getting old, 150000. Ok so I know I'm getting a mustang, question is, I heard rummors for a more powerful engine in the 2005 or 2006 model and was wondering what other models Ford might be coming up with, also if anyone has suggestions on the first few mods that would be awsome. I know the off road world like the back of my hand, not afraid of doing anything... I built my own suspension myself. Oh and in case you were wondering... here is my baby.... clicky clicky

http://jeepin.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb...=005283#000000
Greg95zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2004, 13:07   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: Lookin for a DD

Hi there and welcome Greg.

Nice pic's. Your Jeep has massive ground clearance.

Are you buying a new Mustang and if so there is all the info on the lastest model posted in this section thanks to Staceys hard work.

What rumours have you heard about more powerful motors?. I'm sure there will be new weapons available in future models.
Old 11-14-2004, 13:10   #3 (permalink)

some where i heard something about ford bring back the 502 or even putting a larger engine in like a 351. I could be completely wrong of course though.
Old 11-14-2004, 19:24   #4 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

A Guy I talked to at the booth at the Cleveland auto show(for whatever that might be worth) said mid/late 2005 theres supposed to be a Shelby version coming out- likely with the double overhead cam version.
I'm kinda wondering if they might go as far as the 500horse GT supercharged 5.4 litre...Personally I'd take the sohc 4.6 and be happy- better mileage, less likely to get in legal troubles...
Old 11-14-2004, 20:21   #5 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Isn't there a 6.2 V8 coming for the F series, perhaps that might go in cars as well.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 21:32   #6 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
Isn't there a 6.2 V8 coming for the F series, perhaps that might go in cars as well.
I think everyone is hoping that the 6.2 Hurricane will be available for cars.

Ford has a real opportunity here to make a new engine that could power alot of it's rear drive vehicles. If the engine was designed with the potential for downsizing via stroke and bore and room to upsize as well then add the same options as the modular such as the 3 valve heads and 4 valve quad cammers with alloy variants.

Ford would have a great range of engines running from 4.6 right through to 5.4 modular then the Hurricane could run from 5.4 through to 7.0 and more. You could power anything from the shopping car to the all out drag trucks like the SVT Lightning.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:00   #7 (permalink)

I personaly would like to see something in the 5.6-5.8 range, bigger would eat too much gas... but remember i'm use to running 33 and 35 inch tires with 4.56 gears and a 5.2L v-8... so no matter i think a mustang with a 5.6 or 5.8 would be getting better mileage than my Grand Cherokee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum