looking for enthusiats in san diego - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2001, 22:45   #1 (permalink)
sdkodiak

cool looking for enthusiats in san diego

:p
I have a 1971 mustang fastback, and looking for people with the same interest wanting start a car club, 1/8 mile races at qualcomm. cruisin the beaches ect. Or if you just like to work on Fords..get in contact with me...having transmission issues right now..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2001, 19:30   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Hope you have luck sdkodiak.Keep us informed on how you get on. What are the tranny issues.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 14:10   #3 (permalink)
sdkodiak

I had my torque convertor re stalled to a 3500 stall but everytime i bolt the tranny to the motor it locks up the motor.. so i am thinking that it was put together to thick....or something..any info or help would be appreciated
Old 05-13-2001, 00:46   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Couple of things sdkodiak.I am unsure how experianced you are at doing this.Anyhow the convertor must be installed properly on the trans then the whole unit bolted to the engine.Not other way round.spend time making sure the convertor is well and truely installed as there are splines inside the convertor to mesh up as well as some lugs on the pump on front of trans to locate.turn the convertor back and forth until you are sure it is fully in.If you have replaced the flexplate be sure it is the correct one.I am sorry to say but my guess is the convertor hasn't been installed on the tranny correctly and there is a chance that tightening the tranny up to the engine may have damaged the tranny pump.I can give more details but am unsure of whether you have done this before or first time.Hope this is a help.
Old 05-16-2001, 02:12   #5 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Any news on the tranny kodiak
Old 05-16-2001, 05:23   #6 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

also rotate the converter clockwise and anti clockwise till you hear a slight quiet clicking noise. this will confirm the convertor is seated properly on the splines, and is housed, or seated. (transmission only)

*some convertor's require filling with oil before seating on the spline's.*
Old 05-16-2001, 23:14   #7 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
also rotate the converter clockwise and anti clockwise till you hear a slight quiet clicking noise. this will confirm the convertor is seated properly on the splines, and is housed, or seated. (transmission only)

*some convertor's require filling with oil before seating on the spline's.*
Good points there Doc filling convertor with oil esp.
Old 05-16-2001, 23:18   #8 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

I was rats arsed when I remembered that last night. did'nt come out to bad.
Old 05-16-2001, 23:20   #9 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

BBF whats in a 71, a C4 or the standard borg warner
Old 05-17-2001, 03:04   #10 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
I was rats arsed when I remembered that last night. did'nt come out to bad.
LOL Did Jack pay a visit.In 71 stangs they had C4, C6,and FMX as far as i know. If kodiak's stang is a 351 then at a guess it would have an FMX but some of the 351C 4Vs ran the C6.That big block Falcon you had must have been pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum