mass air flow sensor(Maf) conversion for 97 stang - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2006, 19:30   #1 (permalink)

mass air flow sensor(Maf) conversion for 97 stang

Ok here's my ? Can I put a 80mm Maf and 24lb injectors from a 98 Corba on a 97 GT Mustang? I am currently putting on a Performance Hp Intake with a aluminum coolant resivor and a 75mm Throttle Body with a high output Plenum all with spacers.Car curently has 2.5" Bassani cat-back exhaust with X-pipes,K/N filter.If you have any replies please get back to me,or any suggestions on how to get this pony up and over the 300hp range.Thanks,c_shark1980 Also too what are the stock 97 GT injectors rated at 19lb or different?
c_shark1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2006, 16:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: mass air flow sensor(Maf) conversion for 97 stang

Stock 97 injectors should be 19#, as you say.
You CAN run those parts without issues, but you'll want to upgrade your heads to really feel the difference. It'll help to have those things, but without a set of PI (performance improved) cylinder heads (01+ GT), you'll never see the full potential. I say do it and start saving for the heads.

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:09   #3 (permalink)

Allright,I got some heads FPS Heads $1400.00,should be here by 5/10/06.I have sent my injectors to be flow test and cleaned,got the 24lb injectors and 80mm MAF off of Ebay for $100.00 and $80.00 for the cleaning.Also if I'm going to be breaking in and taking every thing off,I purchase two Comp Cams XE265H,and looking into buying Comp Cam springs(26113-16).This is my ? do I have to run these springs(Comp Cam #26113-16) with the Cams or can I get away with running the springs that come with the Ford Performance Solutions 2V CNC Ported 4.6L Mod Heads.Do not know what springs(brand)come with these heads,does any body know?Do know that they are .500 lift and the Comp Cams springs are .550 lift,the Cams XE265H are .500 lift.I am putting a set of overdrive pulleys, 3.55 Ford Racing Gears,also Mon. planning on getting BBK shorty headers.Ran out of money for right now dam gaskets are expensive!!I know I will be needing a new clutch,so I will save up for this.Any recommendations on the clutch? Input is greatly appreciated,thanks c_shark1980.
c_shark1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 15:43   #4 (permalink)

If the cam is only .500 lift, the Ford springs should work. However, I'd recommend running Comp's springs- they're probably the best spring company out there. Just look at the name- cam stuff is basically ALL they do. They know their stuff.

I like my FRPP King Cobra clutch, but pretty much everyone I know says to run a stock replacement unless it's supercharged. I know a guy who went through a FRPP KC like mine in six months, but went with the O'Reilly brand replacement for a cheap fix. It's been a year and a half with the same driving habits and he's still not replaced the O'Reilly unit. However, if you do go FRPP, get on eBay and find the Valeo brand clutch kits. Ford contracts out Valeo to build the clutches, so buy directly from Valeo and save $40 or more.

You may say, "Well... the Ford design has a better warranty...". Let me tell you- they'll advertise warranty, but on the box is a bright orange sticker that says, "NO WARRANTY ON PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS" so just get the Valeo and be done with it. You'll at least get your money's worth.

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum