Motor Mounts for 1973 (Update) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2002, 07:22   #1 (permalink)
Vintage Mustang Member

Motor Mounts for 1973 (Update)

Hello All,

Here's an update for my search to find motor mounts for my 73 Mach 1. In a previous thread, there were a couple of us looking for mounts for our 73s, but no one had success finding them. I never did find any motor mounts for a 73, but I found a good workaround. I saw a 1972 Mustang in the Junkyard a couple months ago with the motor already removed (along with just about everything else...). Luckily the motor mount pads were still there (the part that the motor mounts bolt to, which in turn bolts to the front subframe/cross member). So I took them and bided my time until I had an excuse to lift the motor out of the car. Last night, I cleaned them up and put them in with a pair of 1964-1972 motor mounts (actually those early mounts are standard for just about any small block Ford from the 60s) and they worked!

So anyone with a 1973 Mustang/Cougar can grab the motor mount pads off of a 1971-72 Mustang/Cougar and put them in their 73.

Cheers,

Ian
ian351c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum