Mustang 2007 V6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2007, 15:36   #1 (permalink)

Mustang 2007 V6

Hello forum friends: I will be buying a 2007 V6 on Sat. Can someone tell me about aftermarket air filters? I was tempted to get a supercharger but Im not really into racing and the car is jsut needed for driving to work and around twon. After reading a lot of posts I see a few of you stating that it would be just fine to get a "better aftermarket air filter" for a car if they want to improve on MPG a bit. Can anyone of you incredibly informed Mustang Maniacs advise a good one or a website? I am looking to chrome out the engine a bit so a chrome looking one would be perfect. Please forgive my ignorance. I am getting my first 'stang in my life on Saturday and am just begining to learn. THANKS!

Supes
Supes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2007, 18:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: Mustang 2007 V6

Airaid Intake Systems: AID-450-177 - summitracing.com

here is an aftermarket air filter system for the car you are buying...
frodiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 20:23   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Frodiri!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:21   #4 (permalink)

Hey Supes, congrads on getting the new stang. You mentioned a super charger in your post. I own an 06' v6. As with you I am a first time mustang owner. GREAT CAR! She's fast, but I am a little pissed at myself for not getting the Gt. I've thought about a super charger, but the doe you will have to fork out. Ouch! Anyway, with the GT, cold air intake, Flowmaster exhaust, predator tuner. Story over. I will be content with my v6 once I do all the above. If you don't mind me asking, why did you go v6?
jay's stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 13:56   #5 (permalink)

Hi: I decided on a v6 for the reason that I wanted to travel a bit more on the road and a v8 would be just a waste of gas. I am not into racing and so I wont be at any tracks any time soon. I wanted to make sure that I had the option open to throw in a little more punch if I wanted to in the future. Also another factor is that I may end up giving the car to my niece or nephew and a v6 would be a good place to start. I am not a fan of the GT fog lights. I find them to be too big. I love all the stangs but a V6 was just a start. I like the pony package grills on the v6 and 210hp may seem like nothing to some of the guys here, but considering that I am going from a 4cyl Suzuki Vitara to this, I ain't going to complain. Do you know of a good place to buy chrome and/or satin parts? I've been to ebay, UPR, LMP, RPM etc...
Old 03-31-2007, 16:17   #6 (permalink)

Hello geo: Thanks for your tips. Can I ask you about the K&N:

1) Does it make a load noise or whistle? I read on different forums that it makes a sound. This is what held me back from ordering one. If the sound is not noticable on your car then I woul like to get it.

2) In regards to the muffler, I wanted to change it, it was offered, BUT again its the noise factor. I would like to change the muffler to get more power but I cannot have a lot of noise coming out. Yes I love the noise of a fully reved stang but due to the fact that I live in a gated community, the association would come like thieves in the night and toss my ass on the road.

regards,
supes
Old 04-01-2007, 07:44   #7 (permalink)

hello supes:
yes its true there is a whistle but you really have to be listening for it , its really not a factor at all. in reguards to the muffler they go from mild to wild you will just have to do your homework & get one you like you could go to ford fun weekend when it comes to your area all the aftermarket exhaust companies will be there and you can here each one then make a decision ,the stock muffler is very restricted & with the new filter you will be building more back pressure even if you like more mild sound then wild you will still be helping your air flow & releiving back pressure , & inturn helping your performance. i just went through the same process not so long ago myself so i can relate to yout concerns , good luck & and congratulations on the newest member of your family

georick
georick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 18:43   #8 (permalink)

Hello, I subscribed to mustang enthusiast magazine. For 20 bucks I'll get 12 mags. They contain a bunch of handy info, like tons of places that carry the billit chrome nick nacks that you are looking for. Is your pony a stick or auto? Please drop me a few words when you do the air and exhaust upgrades. I'm curious to know if it will bump up performance. jay's stang.....
jay's stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 21:50   #9 (permalink)

You can get a CAI with a tune as the best buy for performance. I bought all of my billet items from UPR. They were great to deal with.
owero01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:19   #10 (permalink)

I agree that UPR is great to deal with. I bought some parts off ebay but one item came with a blemish so I'm stikng with UPR for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum