Mustang Cobra RA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2001, 00:15   #1 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Mustang Cobra RA

I know theres been threads about this car for a while but my question is a little different. I wrote an email to motor asking them to do an article on the PHR mustang and sure enough I got a reply from the editor telling me it will be in December or January. On the track the thing flies, but would it be any different in road trim? Noticeable differences ive seen from pics of it at procar.com.au have been no side exhaust, this i think due to ADR reqirements and it also did not seem to have the Harrop brakes! The price of it is supposed to be around 120k so how do you all think it would compare to stuff such as m3 and evo 6 when Motor and maybe Wheels get thier hands on it?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2001, 00:19   #2 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

One this is forsure, for about $120,000 it better be bloody fast and have build quality that is 10X better than the 80,000 dollar version. I went to some yards over the weekend and had a look at some T-SERIES and Mustangs, the Mustangs sure are nice to look at, but get too close and you can see how shonky the build quality is.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 00:27   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

For it to qualify to race, the production version has to be very close to the racing version, as all that can be done for the race version is small changed to exhaust/brakes/suspension....
So I will say that the production version will fly as well
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 00:36   #4 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

ahh thats good. The thing definatly has it in the looks compartment, but it has to be exceptional to be in the same league as m3 and evo 6. If its very close to the GTP version then I think we got us a winner!:s3
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Old 10-30-2001, 00:40   #5 (permalink)
EL Fairmont Ghia Member

Lets hope they (Ford) lower the thing so you cant fit a keg under each wheel arch and put some hoops on that look big or ok on the car, rather than too small. Also please, beat the HSV GTS on the 400mtrs...........

VilkasMaximus 32803
VilkasMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 00:53   #6 (permalink)

As much as I love seeing the Mussy munch the GTS in the GTP series, and that I believe they are a most desirable car, I would still love to see a Falcon in it's place with that sort of HP.
We all associate more with the Falcon series and seeing one of these dominating the GTP would be more satisfying.:s3
...until of course, Procar put a hefty rev limit on it and weigh it down.
Russell.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 01:00   #7 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Surely the Mustang RA would atleast have the new 4 piston brake setup off the T3, hopefully it doesn't have the same brakes as the stock Cobra.

It will be interesting to see if anyone campaigns a new T series in the GTP series next year, or what about the 250kw Pursuit utes in the V8 BRutes catergory.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 02:42   #8 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Rastus: Theres room for both Mustang and Falcon GT, and even cosworth Focus. The John Bowe's Cobra RA has Harrop Brakes, I'm not sure if they are as good as the optional brembo brakes on the t3 but the brakes BETTER not be the standard Mustang brakes. As JEM said, for 120k it better 10x as goos in all departments.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum