Mustang help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 20:47   #1 (permalink)

Mustang help

i have 69 mustang with a stock 302 that came with the car, i have ideas of my own, but can anyone share some of their knowledge as to what i can do to get it to a racing level?
Versioneast06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2008, 20:29   #2 (permalink)
Ex-Ford master tech

Re: Mustang help

Do you have a budget in mind? Racing is all about how fast do you want to go?
btexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:36   #3 (permalink)

its more or less low budget but if i have an idea of what im doing i have the reasources so i can get it, or at least save for it
Versioneast06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 13:58   #4 (permalink)

Pick what you want your car to do as well. It can't be all three (Drag, Street and Road course) but it can contain some of all three. Regardless of the direction, I would certainly upgrade the breaks FIRST if you have drums at all four corners still. Power is power, and if it's me, I take care of the suspension first if the engine's strong. Most opt for ALL POWER and neglect the other important safety elements which can lead to a lot of broken parts and wrecked cars...
alajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 22:27   #5 (permalink)

You can make the car as slow as a turd or so fast you kill yourself within a 2 seconds.69 Mustang would be capable of reaching well above 150 MPH and still save streetability. IF you really want you could push the car over 200 but you are talking about some serious modifications to achieve this. personally I would track down a 428CJ. 69's reallly really have a cool Factor to them and leaving one stock is only a good choice if it was highly desireable to begin with. A "Molested" car that originally had the I6 but now has a souped up Year/Style correct V8 Performance engine will be worth more than a showroom quality exact replica of the car how it came from the factory. From the ford parts news and ford cars experts the people who are BUYING these cars and of are the ones that wanted them as a kid but never could have them. I don't think anyone drooled over an I6/3 speed but if you turn it into a "Clone" Car someones gonna be interested because its close enough to satisfy the drolling their tastes desire.
drifter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum