Mustang Lights etc. for UK/Australia - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2003, 19:37   #1 (permalink)
dlevett

Mustang Lights etc. for UK/Australia

I am moving back to the UK from Canada and taking my 2002 Mustang GT Convertible with me. I understand that some cars were modified to RHD for the Australian market. While I am not going to change mine from LHD, I thought that some of the Australian parts may be better for the UK - particularly for the SVA tests.
Does anyone know about the Australian parts (are they direct replacement/are they availably, etc.). I am interested in Headlights and Tail Lights, Rear Fog Light etc.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
David.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2003, 22:27   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Mustang Lights etc. for UK/Australia

The AU spec cars have a number of unique parts to meet AU ADR rules.
Of particular use to you are the additional headlights built into the front bumper of AU spec cars - pictures can be found here:

http://www.fordforums.com/russ/moos1.jpg

These are available in AU - they do require cutting holes into the front bar though. Nor are they cheap by the time bezels, lamps etc. are factored in. PM me if you want details.

Tail light assemblies are stock as per this pic -

http://www.fordforums.com/russ/moos4.jpg

Most of the other components are for the RH conversion or to meet other weird assed laws like child seat mounts and which way the wipers sweep!

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum