Mustang Seats? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2006, 09:58   #1 (permalink)

Mustang Seats?

I have a 97 Mustang GT and need to replace the drivers seat (tan leather) and maybe the passenger seat as well. I've searched ebay but can't seem to find any. Where is the best place to track them down? I'm in San Diego. Also, how difficult to change the steering wheel?
Thanks,
Mark
drmtesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2006, 11:48   #2 (permalink)

Re: Mustang Seats?

really it depends on what you want to replace the seats and steering wheel with...

for seats, I am almost 100% sure that any seat 1979-2004 will fit in your car, although I have always heard that the 87-93 GT seats and any 94-04 seat have the strongest frames (the LX seats tend to break the frame near where the hinge is)

you can also (depending on budget) look into seats from Recaro, Corbeau or a variety of other aftermarket seats

if the issue is that the seat is ok, but needs to be recovered you can also check Latemodel Restoration Supply or CJs Pony parts etc for OEM replacement covers...

the steering wheel will have issues with the airbag depending on what you replace... for straight replacement to another stock airbag wheel, I'd suggest disconnecting the battery and just remove and replace... aftermarket non-airbag wheels will require some kind of adapter though
oogieboogiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 15:40   #3 (permalink)

Re: Mustang Seats?

I also have a 97 mustang gt with the drivers bottom seat cushion foam on outer bolster crumbling out on floor. Leather cover is like new and i would like to keep it that way by not having it rub thru on the frame as i get in and out. anyone know of a good way to repair/replace the foam. Ford Dealer parts says "no longer available".

Thanks,

97 Nellie
97nellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum