Mustang SSP Pricing Tips needed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2001, 03:22   #1 (permalink)
Crown Vic P71 Member

Question

Can Anyone Give me some guidlines on what would be considered as reasonable prices for 1991 to 1993 Mustang SSP's....I would be interested in only models with 5-speed manual transmissions!!...I would prefer a car of the Un-marked variety with power windows and cruise control ....radio options are of little importance. I just keep seeing cars for sale in my region that are priced completely out of reason vs.thier condition....I do work for a Major Airline so travel in most cases is not a difficult issue should the right car ..at the right price pop up....Thanks for any assistance you can provide on price guidlines.......:D
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2001, 10:00   #2 (permalink)
P71Times2

I have looked around the midwest and these cars (in good to excellent condition)
are very hard to find..

I did check out a few leads, and the prices were in the $3,500 - $4,500 range...
That isn't too bad of a price, but the cars I looked at were pretty well beat, and
the mileage was 125,000+
Old 02-26-2001, 20:12   #3 (permalink)
Crown Vic P71 Member

The Song remains the same!!!

I have seen just about what you have seen in regard to the cars general condition...but the prices have all been in the 5000.00 to 6500.00 dollar range(Yuk)...The best one so far that I have seen is Duckryders at 6500.00...His car on paper alone beats the heck out of anything I've seen to date. I bought a new issue of Mustang and Ford trader tonight while I was on the way to work. , Guess who's Mustang SSP was in there?....Yep you guessed it!...."The DuckRyder's "..I had to flip past the page quickly!.....I'm love what I'm seeing but I'm just not ready to take that large of a plunge right now.....I'm sure I will live to regret not jumping on this one.....BTW where the heck has everyone been?....is the site got a dose of the B.O.N. flue or what?.......Allen
Old 02-26-2001, 20:50   #4 (permalink)
P71Times2

Hey Allen, how's it going?

Yeah, that 'stang of Duckryders does sound and look like a good
one. Believe it was on CrownVic.net where he had the picture
posted, and it looked good. The mod's on it sounded really good
to. From what I remember it seemed that all it needed was a
little suspension work for it to be ready to fly =)

Not sure where all the 5.0/5.8 mustang and CV folks are at, seems
like it has been very quiet everywhere. The 5.0/5.8 board over on
the Vic.net are pretty quiet too, and well, you know how BON is....

Anyhow, my ford mechanic guru friend is going 'cam crazy', and
wants to pull the "F" cam out of my stang and try out one of the
Crower 15512's.. Getting where he can do these cam swaps
almost as fast as I can change a set of sparkplugs :)

Let me know how everything is going with your little project..
Old 02-26-2001, 21:46   #5 (permalink)
Crown Vic P71 Member

Sounds like you are having fun!!!

Hey JW....Yes I remember Robert's 1991 PIC/POST too...all to well to be honest!!!...It haunts me frquently..so you are going Hog-Wild on the cams...thats cool as heck....I wish I could do engine work that quick...Three issues hamper this....1-God Given Ability...2-and Endless supply of money to do all I would like to do!!!...3-Time. Things are moving slow as usual on the 88 P72 project. Bluesmobile as gotten my passenger side Spotlight mount coming hopefully tomorrow,he already has the light itself on hand...I can't meet him till thursday to pick it all up...I'm also toying with the Push Bumper Idea too!!...Bluesmobile has that on hand as well....My job schedule just makes thing very difficult without not getting proper rest. I can Ill afford not to be at my best in my job...too much rides on my ability to think clearly!!!!....Well for now its all about being continuely patient....Like Rome ,it wasn't built in a day!!....Good thing this is not a primary vehicle. I still have to arrange an exact meeting date with DuckRyder in Atlanta....There again they job schedule is a conflict!!!....My work week ends at 7 am Wednesday...I have to come back to work a day early this week....Friday night at 7pm gets it all cranking again....I have to cover another guy whom has time off. Oh well thats a little extra to spend on car parts in the long run. I'm hoping Robert and I can hook up next week...a Thursday is the most ideal time no matter what week it is. Take care my friend....Stay in touch!!!........Allen
Old 02-26-2001, 22:09   #6 (permalink)
P71Times2

Re: Sounds like you are having fun!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Two Trick Vics
Hey JW....Yes I remember Robert's 1991 PIC/POST too...all to well to be honest!!!...It haunts me frquently..so you are going Hog-Wild on the cams...thats cool as heck....I wish I could do engine work that quick...Three issues hamper this....1-God Given Ability...2-and Endless supply of money to do all I would like to do!!!...3-Time.
Well, I have one big advantage that I am thankful of, a personal friend of mine owns
the local Ford dealership, and the ford mechanic 'guru' friend that I have talked about
in the past is also his chief mechanic at the dealership.

Because of that all the labor is more or less free, and we are allowed to use the
facilities and all the special equipment they have during slow periods, or after
normal hours.. :)
Old 02-26-2001, 22:50   #7 (permalink)
Crown Vic P71 Member

You Lucky Dog!!!!

JW , You just make me sick!!!(Kidding of course)...I do the majority of my work myself in my garage...I have to seek out help where I can get it .for fear of getting in over my head on certain issues...Books/Manuals and the help of a gifted friend or two is all I've got!!!.....man you do have a good deal going there....It must be nice!!!!!....I'm jealous as hell ....Everybody I know at the Ford Dealership in the maintenance end has his hands poised to reach deep in my pockets......On the parts Counter side of the spectrum I do in fact have friends......I need to stop now before I get a bad case of acid stomach...I do envy your circumstance beyond belief......Allen
Old 03-01-2001, 16:45   #8 (permalink)
SSP Mustang Member

Dang, Now I know why my ears are burning lately :)

Illoked quite a bit when I bought mine, and they were all in the 5500 up range. Mine had had quite a few things fixed (dash holes and so on) when I got it and I've done some other stuff to it. It is a nice solid car with clean interior. the Saleen suspension is new on it and it has quite a few mods that i would have done myself if it had not had them so to me that made it worth the asking price.

(to some who want to restore them to service condition it decreases the value.)

The only thing my car needs to me now is a paint job, (not that it is terrible, but it has an FHP quick cover up the tan job now) which it will get after the ad expires, along with the cam, heads, rockers intake and other little stuff.

To be honest, unless you luck out and catch a 93 on auction somewhere, i think its going to take in the 5000.00 minimum range to pick up a nice one.

Performance Autosport usually starts at about 8500.00 when they have one.

PoliceInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 19:16   #9 (permalink)
Crown Vic P71 Member

I think you are Most coorect Sir!!!!

Robert.....I think you are more than correct on the price of 5k for a Stang......Thats exactly what I would call a minumum price in this area....and like I said the cars just plain beat and tired!!!!.......So you did the Tan roof spray over Huh?.....I thought so ....I often wondered about that?......We have about four Ex-FHP Stangs here in Charlotte.....All are still in th origional Tan/Black Scheme.....1 friend of mine that I meet via a Speed Shop has one that still has the working Radar Unit in it and all the numbers and decals on it too......He gets hassled from time to time......That's too Overt for me!!!!!....Do me a favor.....Torture me !!..and get it over with....Bring the Stang to the Carb for cash swap......I really want to see it..........Allen
Old 03-01-2001, 20:28   #10 (permalink)
SSP Mustang Member

I'll bring it.

I was told that the FHP did the "cover up" Sevearl on the SSPony list said that was probably true. However the guy I got it form got it fron his cousin who got it from a dealer. Him and his cousin swear they didn't do it. and that the delaer said they didn't, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Its a definate quicky, you can still see where they DA'ed the decals off, and its peeling where they did not sand it well. arounf the windows and such.

Its really a shame, since other wise, its really nice.

Oh well, I'm almost hoping no one buys it so i can get to putting the mods on.

R

PoliceInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum