My Mustang slipped thru Quality Control, LOL! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 00:24   #1 (permalink)

My Mustang slipped thru Quality Control, LOL!

I have always been an avid Mustang lover. In 2005, when the NEW models came out, I bought one. (This was my 2nd Ford Mustang) This one WAS my dream car! It was the beginning of the year, they JUST came out and it was nearly impossible to find the COLOR that I wanted (with my desired options) anywhere with in my town. The day I decided I was going to GET my car, come Hell or high-water...I had 4 different FORD dealerships going crazy to find one. Finally, a place out of Nashville Tennessee located one all the way in Atlanta!
That Dealership, Two River's Ford, was so great! They had my car transported to me by 9pm THAT night! Whooo Hooo! What a great bunch of guys down there!

Oh, why was it so hard to find my car? Well, here's what I wanted...
1. Color : Legend Lime Green
2. STICK SHIFT (I can't drive an automatic, there's no place to put my other foot)
3. Dark colored seats (Because of the kids)
4. 6 cyl engine (Uses less gas, and costs about $10,000 less than a GT) I'm in a budget
5. Interior Sports Package (The steering wheel kicks ass)
6. NO exterior Sports Package. (The spoiler w/that package looks dumb) IMO. plus, I didn't want the word "Mustang" splattered down the side, uhm...everyone already knows what it is.

I had the standard warranty, 36, 000 miles or 3 years. (it's a NEW car, it shouldn't break down, right?) The extended warranties could have been added on, for thousands more.

Here's where things went bad...

First year into ownership, my seat broke. It was that back-inflator thing. When you push the button, it no longer inflated, and made a crazy clicking sound. I think the air hose inside came disconnected?
I never took the time to bring it back to the dealership to be fixed, it was an hour drive, make an appointment, get a rental...blah blah blah...no big deal.
Second year into ownership, ya know those little levers on the back of your seats that you have to pull up on to release the seat forward? Yeah, the plastic was dry-rotted...snapped right off in my hand.
ONE MONTH LATER...The OTHER lever broke off! That's INSANE!!! Those seat releases are now rendered completely UNUSABLE. Again, I didn't take it back to the dealership, my fault...I guess? Should my car be falling apart this fast?
Here's the BEST one of all!!! TWO WEEKS after my 3 year warranty runs out...I get stranded on a country highway, as my hydraulic clutch busts. FREAKING AMAZING!!!
This run me $800 to fix, and over a week with out my car.

I'm so done with FORD right now. If this is how they "make their sports cars affordable"...I don't want it. Where's the quality?! What the hell happened to trust? I am so disgusted.

Did I mention the paint on my radio buttons is chipping off like no tomorrow? Crazy. It looks like every corner that could have been cut, has been!
Thanks a BUNCH Ford!

My next NEW car? Well, I think I will be looking into those new Dodge Chargers. (Don't worry, I will be reading all the reviews on them FIRST!) Yep, Ford has lost yet another faithful customer.

Stacy
gothic54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2008, 19:01   #2 (permalink)

Re: My Mustang slipped thru Quality Control, LOL!

Wow, sorry to hear about all your bad luck with your car! You were unfortunately one of the unlucky few, considering how mass produced these cars are, a few lemons slip are bound to slip through. One thing I am leary of, and thats a new model/new design of a car, such as the '05 models. To me, it seems like they are a test group where the bugs are found and eliminated the following model year by the engineers. I have heard of some issues with the '05's the most popular being the fuel shutoff issues where the gas pump nozzle keeps shutting off. I have an '06 Mustang GT, and knock on wood, no problems , barring a small interior water leak, thats it.

I remember here in NJ, in '05 it was near impossible to get one of these cars. Six month waiting list, not guaranteeing the color you ordered would be the one you'd get, dealers were getting $2,500-$3,000 over MSRP, and I was also told that in the northeast, very few convertibles, or 5 speed manual transmissions! I waited until the end of '06 got a left over under MSRP! Well, good luck with your car, and if you consider to get another Mustang, more than likely you'll get a good one!
jamesjdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum