Need an honest and unbiased opinion... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 12:17   #1 (permalink)

Need an honest and unbiased opinion...

So I am currently looking for a new car because I am working more (finally) and I am through sharing the family car (soccer-mom status over here). So for my first "official" car, I want something fast and sleek for the weekends (gas is still expensive and so is insurance for a "nice car"). I made a comparison and was hoping I can get some help from the forum community in finding something nice... and fast to drive.

Here is the comparison:
Hot cars

Thanks!

Last edited by iheartford; 05-30-2008 at 12:26. Reason: God bless kproxy for viewing sites your company blocks!
iheartford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2008, 20:56   #2 (permalink)
Thing 1

Re: Need an honest and unbiased opinion...

Unbiased and you are asking in the Mustang forum? :)

Let's just say that Ford really has a good engine with the 4.6L in the Ford Mustang. I have owned 2 Mustangs while my Dad has owned 4. He owns an A/C Cobra, 69 Mustang Mach 1, and a 2005 Mustang GT limited edition. He loves the old school look with the old school sound and power, but with the modern twist of comfort and drivability.

Note: If you do alot of winter driving, I would not recommend a rear-wheel drive.
1meanGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 14:36   #3 (permalink)

i personally own a 2003 mach1 and a scion xb,if gas and insurance is a concern,then buy a scion xc
gilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 15:29   #4 (permalink)
Jack

Check out a Bullitt Mustang. Drives better then a GT but not as harsh as a Shelby. Check around and do not pay any ADM. Many dealers will sell below MSRP. When you compare feature for feature you will find it is a much better value and a equally equiped GT. And the truly great part is you will not be passing yourself everywhere you go.
JackDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 23:39   #5 (permalink)

A S197 GT would be a good car to start with IMO
Old 07-30-2008, 22:29   #6 (permalink)

I'd say..base off of where you live,if you are in an area with little to no snow then by all means get an S197 GT.Put a cold air intake and a tuner on it and you can see som pretty good mileage considering its a V8.I've been able to get around 28-32 mpg with mine ,30% city 65% highway,5% playing around.
Goodluck with your choice.
Mark
marcusdj73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum