New Mustang Spied! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2003, 15:12   #1 (permalink)

New Mustang Spied!

The Car Connection

One of TCC’s intrepid readers snapped these shots of what is believed to be the 2005 Ford Mustang. The vehicle, shown in concept form at this year’s Detroit auto show, will be revealed in full production form at the 2004 Detroit auto show. Sources say the base engine will be a V-6, but GT and more powerful versions will start at 300 hp and work their way well north of that figure. A closer look at the grainy pics, captured from video, shows the interior styling’s twin-binnacle layout and chrome trim on the gauges. Stay tuned to TCC for more on the new Mustang.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7028_image.jpeg (12.7 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpeg 7029_image.jpeg (12.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpeg 7030_image.jpeg (11.0 KB, 57 views)

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2003, 08:34   #2 (permalink)

AutoWeek

Hot to Trot: 2005 Ford Mustang spotted during recent testing

A vacationing car guy caught these shots of a camouflaged 2005 Ford Mustang as it rolled out on a recent test in preparation for its debut next year.

Jim Padilla, Ford North America group vice president, confirmed that the Mustang's Fox platform, which dates to 1978, would be scrapped for the 2005 Mustang. Ford will use a less expensive version of the rear-drive DEW platform used for the Lincoln LS, Jaguar S-Type and Ford Thunderbird.

"We're going to put a modern chassis on this vehicle," Padilla said earlier this year at an event announcing the Mustang's new production location at AutoAlliance International, a Ford-Mazda joint venture plant in Flat Rock, Mich.

Padilla declined to describe the changes made to the platform for the Mustang but said changes were necessary because DEW is a "very expensive" platform.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg stang400side2.jpeg (24.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpeg stangrear400.jpeg (24.3 KB, 17 views)

My next Ford.....
Old 07-16-2003, 15:23   #3 (permalink)
AKA: Spaniard

Re: New Mustang Spied!

Does Ford use cow-type print for concept cars or something? I've seen it used a couple of times.
Old 07-17-2003, 13:17   #4 (permalink)

Re: New Mustang Spied!

LOL, Yeah I guess they like cars to look like cows before production.

My next Ford.....
Old 07-18-2003, 05:59   #5 (permalink)
Mustang/Cougar Member

Cows, I thought it was a lepard. Looks like trailer park bed sheets, he he. I can't wait to see it. I think that is the plant that used to make the Cougar. Maybe they will hire back some of the workers that were laid off!
Bobnoxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 10:01   #6 (permalink)

The Car Connection

Spy Shots: '05 Mustang Convertible

Dropping the top on the next pony Ford.
by Brenda Priddy 7/28/2003

Imagine a stakeout in the hot desert lasting just minutes short of 24 hours. That’s what it took to get you these close up and sharp Mustang test mule shots. Once we spotted the Mustang in our viewfinder, our spies weren't about to let it escape.

TCC brought you the first spy shots of the 2005 Mustang coupe earlier this month — now we have the first shots of the convertible, due about six months after the coupe is unveiled, first at the Detroit auto show in January. Our sources say the base V-8 engine will make a minimum of 300 hp — more on powertrains and trim as word leaks out to us.

Brenda Priddy & Company
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7063_image.jpeg (15.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpeg 7064_image.jpeg (14.9 KB, 13 views)

My next Ford.....
Old 07-30-2003, 22:00   #7 (permalink)

Autos Insider

2005 Ford Mustang
Despite retro look, new Mustang will be up to date
By Paul Lienert

Ford engineers have been testing preproduction prototypes of the all-new 2005 Mustang that was unveiled in concept form in January at the Detroit auto show. The car goes into production in fall 2004 in Flat Rock.
The new Mustang borrows heavily from classic late-1960s Mustang designs. Even its cockpit reflects a retro theme. But powertrains and chassis will be strictly up to date.
The '05 model will ride on a new rear-wheel-drive chassis that shares some suspension components with the Thunderbird. There will be V-6 and V-8 engines, starting with a base 215-horsepower 3.0-liter six.
Look for Mach and GT variants to continue, followed in model year 2006 by an all-new SVT Cobra.

Photo by Brenda Priddy and Co.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 05mustang.jpeg (19.3 KB, 12 views)

My next Ford.....
Old 08-01-2003, 22:16   #8 (permalink)
7shelby

2005 Mustang at Mustang 40th Anniversary Celebration

The new 2005 Mustang will be available as pre-production models for the Mustang 40th Anniversary Celebration at the Nashville Superspeedway April 15-18, 2004. This may be the official unveiling for the general public. Go to www.mustang.org and click on the 40th logo for complete details.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum