New Registered User - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2002, 12:14   #1 (permalink)

New Registered User

Hey everyone! I'm new to this board and I'd like to introduce myself. I go by the name of Hissing Cobra. That's because I'm in the process of restoring a 1979 Mustang Cobra. I've got a ways to go but most of the hard work is done! I'm sure I'll get to know most everyone in this site. Thanks.
Hissing Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2002, 14:16   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Hi there and welcome.It will be great to see some pic's of the restoration.Hopefully the site will be a help to you as well as some fun and your knowledge from the restoration is bound to help out some others.Will you be restoring it to original or modifying it .Great to hear from you Hissing Cobra.
Big Block Ford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 15:58   #3 (permalink)

Smile

Thanks Big Block! I was hoping someone would reply. I'd love to post some pictures of my mistress, but I don't know how to do it. On some websites, I E-Mail the pic's and the text to the moderators and they post them. (Good For Me!). On others, I've tried to use URL's-to no avail! So I've never learned how to post on them! Can I just E-Mail them to you? It would help me out A LOT!

I am restoring the interior to Ford's factory specs, with the exception of a Grant Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel, and Autometer guages. The exterior is also to Ford's specs except for the Wheels, which will be Torq Thrust ll's. The interior AND exterior are completed.

My drivetrain and suspension will be totally built for drag racing! A 306 c.i.d. block, solid cam, aluminum heads, and dual carbs will produce 290 RWH. Along with the Tremec, and 8.8 Rearend/4.30 gears, I should move down the 1/4 mile in the 12.50-12.60 range @ 108-109 MPH. Suspension mods will be top of the line drag racing components. Thanks Again!
Old 01-21-2002, 23:19   #4 (permalink)

Hello and welcome.

Posting pictures is easy on this site. You only need them on your pc and at a certain size.

When you go to post a reply you will see

Attach file:
Maximum size: 702400 bytes

in the second last section on the bottom of the page.

Look across to the right and you will see a Browse button. Click on this and then search your own pc for the file you want to display. Just note that you need to have one of the four file types

gif jpg bmp jpeg.

The most common fault is that people will try to post a picture that is too big. A photo editor program might be required to resize.

Have a go at it and if you have no luck email me the pictures and I will do it for you.

My email is

ianp@winnet.com.au
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 23:03   #5 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hissing Cobra
Thanks Big Block! I was hoping someone would reply. I'd love to post some pictures of my mistress, but I don't know how to do it. On some websites, I E-Mail the pic's and the text to the moderators and they post them. (Good For Me!). On others, I've tried to use URL's-to no avail! So I've never learned how to post on them! Can I just E-Mail them to you? It would help me out A LOT!

I am restoring the interior to Ford's factory specs, with the exception of a Grant Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel, and Autometer guages. The exterior is also to Ford's specs except for the Wheels, which will be Torq Thrust ll's. The interior AND exterior are completed.

My drivetrain and suspension will be totally built for drag racing! A 306 c.i.d. block, solid cam, aluminum heads, and dual carbs will produce 290 RWH. Along with the Tremec, and 8.8 Rearend/4.30 gears, I should move down the 1/4 mile in the 12.50-12.60 range @ 108-109 MPH. Suspension mods will be top of the line drag racing components. Thanks Again!
Sounds great HC. As HSE2 says ,it is pretty easy to post pic's of your car .Have a go and if you have any probs at all then let us know.Hope you enjoy our site and we will look forward to hearing about and seeing your car.
Big Block Ford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 16:33   #6 (permalink)

Thanks HSE2 and Big Block, I'll give it a whirl when I get a chance.
Old 01-23-2002, 17:42   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Hissing Cobra
Thanks HSE2 and Big Block, I'll give it a whirl when I get a chance.
No problem Look forward to seeing them either way !
Old 01-23-2002, 17:46   #8 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

Welcome hissing cobra!!
Old 01-24-2002, 22:21   #9 (permalink)

ok as per the request here we go,
Old 01-24-2002, 22:23   #10 (permalink)

and again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum