Is oil just oil? NOT!!!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2006, 08:22   #1 (permalink)

confused Is oil just oil? NOT!!!!!!

Hello peeps, just bought a 06' six banger stang. As far as oil goes, I'm anal about what goes in that oil pan. Ford recommends their oil. Obviously, there are a lot oils to choose from and this is my first mustang (american car). All my other cars were 4 banger imports. Should I run ford oil for maybe the first 5000 miles and change up? For my driving habits I go by time not miles. So, I would surley appreciate some input. Of course I want to run the best in my stang. It's a great car. Thanks a bunch !!!!!!
jay's stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2006, 09:36   #2 (permalink)

Re: Is oil just oil? NOT!!!!!!

You cant go wrong with Motorcraft oil. Ford put it in from the factory so, they must believe in it.
murdock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 21:21   #3 (permalink)

Hello murdock88, thanks for the reply. What you said makes sense. I heard rumors that ford could be in kahoots with and oil co. lets say Quaker state and their using their own advertising bottles. I don't know of any other car co. that puts their name on a motor oil. Hey, it's a good thing. Have a nice holiday.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:41   #4 (permalink)
2006 Ford Mustang

Quaker state high rpm is used in the new gt 500's from the factory...says right on the back of the bottle. But Id rather pay $8.00 for 5 quarts of motorcraft. BTW look at the mailing address on each of these bottles they go back to the same po. box in texas. ALL 50-60 brands OF THEM. The oil companys work as shadows. Just as ford owns mercury, lincon, mazda, land rover, volvo etc. and General Motors owns GMC, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Opel, Vaxhaul, Holden etc you get the point? Same oil in a differant bottle. All though im a true beliver in synthetic.
Old 01-06-2007, 19:31   #5 (permalink)

Hi enorym. Thanks for the input. Gotta a question for ya. I heard that if you run synthetic,you have to use it from the start. Is it ok to change? I've been using motorcraft syn.blend and I have 5000k miles. Thanks...
Old 01-07-2007, 11:24   #6 (permalink)
2006 Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay's stang
Hi enorym. Thanks for the input. Gotta a question for ya. I heard that if you run synthetic,you have to use it from the start. Is it ok to change? I've been using motorcraft syn.blend and I have 5000k miles. Thanks...

You can change between oil changes. Its not a big deal. I used to use motorcraft until I found out its all comming from the same place anyways. Infact my switch was to quakerstate and apperently thats what they use at the factory anyways. The motorcraft is just relabeled stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum