Ok, yall are bored so list your current project - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2001, 21:12   #1 (permalink)
mfp4073

Tongue Ok, yall are bored so list your current project

Ok so stuff you have worked on in the past week....

On my 67 coupe I have been working on another set of really beat up doors so I can put them on my car while I work on the doors on my car. Would not believe how much metal has rusted off these things. At least 7"x5" on the front and most of the front corner curve off the inside.:crazy1:

Will be pulling my old vinyl top tomorrow morning and replacing it (finally got some holes and rust after 11 years).

Anyone else???? :s2:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2001, 06:25   #2 (permalink)
Mod/Vintage Mustang Member

My current project is to get moved into my new house. Closing is the 11th, and then get my new 2 car garage set up so i can work on the mustang.
Old 12-28-2001, 07:21   #3 (permalink)
Classic Mustang Member

Quote:
Originally posted by s-code
My current project is to get moved into my new house. Closing is the 11th, and then get my new 2 car garage set up so i can work on the mustang.
Congrats on the new casa s-code!!!

Mine, since we are at a lull with the car shows, is the following:

1.) This weekend r&r the axles to add new wheel bearings. In the process swapping the gear housing with a friend of mine for a little bigger ratio. Note: to myself - I must remember to buy the red oxide paint!

2.) Whenever my chrome oil pan arrives, I'll be doing the r&r on that! Hopefully next weekend.

3.) Same time I do the chrome oil pan I'll get around, finally, to adding my tri-y's. Had them for a year, just never found the time to put them on. This will maybe require a new set of plug wires?

4.) Service the tranny sometime in the month of January.

5.) Install the new hood hinges since the ones that are on the car are a little loose.

6.) Help a friend over New Year's day r&r a set of drip rails. (See added post)

7.) Last but not lease, list my 68 in the local classifies one week in January. Especially since we will have six different car auctions in this area during the month of January. It brings in people from all over this planet. It all equates to = $$$$.

BORED???!!! I think not! I'm just way too busy to be ..... bored.

Have a safe one!

68 Mustang Coupe...My Show Car. ............................
ZoNiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 08:22   #4 (permalink)
Vintage Mustang Member

Smile

It is too cold here in WA state to work in the garage! I venture out there only briefly. When I do go out for a mechanical project, I pre-warm my hand tools by placing a kerosene heater in front of my roll-away. Using warm tools sure makes the temperature more bearable!
SuperDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 16:56   #5 (permalink)
mfp4073

Got the top off today, des looks like she sneezed and blew her topee off! Got the rusted area cleaned and started in on the body work. Will be finishing prep tomorrow and then putting the top on. Pretty good headway today!
Old 12-29-2001, 18:41   #6 (permalink)
Mustang Member

Hi I just finished putting flowmaster dual exhaust and dynomax headers my 66. I will soon be putting on a 4v carburetor and a cam. :s6:
fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 23:18   #7 (permalink)
MadMax

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperDave
It is too cold here in WA state to work in the garage! I venture out there only briefly. When I do go out for a mechanical project, I pre-warm my hand tools by placing a kerosene heater in front of my roll-away. Using warm tools sure makes the temperature more bearable!
Cant imagine that type of cold here in Sydney.....all i have to work under is a carport - summer & winter....

currently swapped the boat anchor 6 for a 5.0 HO in an aussie falcon - worth the hassle - all forgotten in the first drive after the swap..you guys should come over to the aussie section of FF and see what goes on down here....
Old 02-08-2002, 06:41   #8 (permalink)
Classic Mustang Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MadMax

Cant imagine that type of cold here in Sydney.....all i have to work under is a carport - summer & winter....

currently swapped the boat anchor 6 for a 5.0 HO in an aussie falcon - worth the hassle - all forgotten in the first drive after the swap..you guys should come over to the aussie section of FF and see what goes on down here....
G'day.

I have a friend who lives in Sth Plympton. He recently sent me a copy of Performance Ford, vol.1 - edition 2. Man oh man, that 800+ h.p. Capri, on the front cover, is something else! Good articles through-out the magazine along with some great pictures.

Have fun with that 5.0 HO transplant.

68 Mustang Coupe...My Show Car. ............................
ZoNiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 06:47   #9 (permalink)
Mustang/Cougar Member

Current big project is finishing the remodle of our home. It should be done by the second week in March. Of course there will always be something on the house that need work.
After that, I am putting performance struts and a 24mm sway bar on my Cougar. Also, importing a ground effects kit from Germany. I am not sure if that qualifies under a project or just modding.
Hopefully before the end of the summer, I will be able to purchase a 66 Convertable Mustang. My plan is to do a frame off restoration. Hopefully I will be able to find one somewhere that was a GT and had deluxe interior with a 289 ci. This will be my first project since helping my Dad in the 70's restore a 66 sprint 200 coupe. We bought a house in Sept. and have been remodeling since. It has a two car garage and two car roof attached car port, and a little work shop on the side. Window unit in the wall for those hot Houston summer days and nights. I am pretty excited about getting started and think about it almost everyday..:s5
Bobnoxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 21:38   #10 (permalink)

My project is small, but I'm truly happy with the way it turned out. I finally installed my Grant Carbon Fiber steering wheel (Model 1114) to my '79 Cobra. It's the best aftermarket piece that I put on my car to this point. The quality is sooooo top notch. It's been pretty cold here in Massachusetts, but today it warmed up to the low 40's and I was able to get it done.
Hissing Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum