Pony Package - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 14:32   #1 (permalink)

Pony Package

Does anyone know if the Ford service center could put on the Pony Package if you purchased a used Mustang that did not have it? Also is there a way for me to change out my dash lights from the green that is every where in the base package to blue everywhere?

David
Dptoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2009, 17:22   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: Pony Package

It wouldn't be worth while to have the Pony package installed by the dealer. As a factory option it can be done at 1/8 the cost. The dealer will charge a premium for it and you WILL NOT get your money back at resell time. You can check the package online (google it) and see what was included and add from that what you want. Personally, I'd put any money towards performance mods as the 'pony package' were all cosmetic. I think for one year the pony package got you a pink stripe down the side - SEXI.

In order to change your dash lights out you have to make sure you can buy blue bulbs. If you can great, now the hard part begins: tear apart your dash. This is a half day to full day affair depending on how organized you keep things when it comes time to reinstall them. A Haynes or Chilton automotive repair manual will help you here.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum