Problem with injectors staying on - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 12:28   #1 (permalink)
presto

Problem with injectors staying on

I have a 94 mustang (3.8L) and suddenly it started running rough, there was hesitation, power loss, white smoke and I could smell gas in the vehicle. Now it won't start at all but it will try to turn over. I hooked a light up to the injectors and the light stays on when the ignition is turned. I had it at a mechanic for over a month and he said there was fuel in the exhaust and oil pan. I've changed the TPS (throttle position sensor), the plugs and wires, injectors, PCV and battery. I need some help if you've experienced this or know anything. Is it my PCM? If so, could it be reprogrammed?

Last edited by arpreston; 12-07-2009 at 14:46. Reason: additional info
arpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2010, 17:20   #2 (permalink)
presto

Re: New issues

I got a new PCM and that fixed my car not starting. Now, even after trying two different alternators and a new battery, my battery isn't getting charged. And it seem like theres still fuel in my exhaust system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
arpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum