Problems with 2002 Mustang V6, Misfire in 3rd - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 14:34   #1 (permalink)

Problems with 2002 Mustang V6, Misfire in 3rd

Hello everyone, I Have had this problem for quite sometime. Lets start from the begining. About 6 months ago we had a pretty big down pour. After driving through a pretty significant size puddle, the engine begins to misfire. I assumed it sucked a little bit of water up or water got into one of the plug wires, or somewhere along those line. I waited a day or two and began driving it again. The misfire was still present. Engine light proceeded the misfires and i had it read. It said there was a misfire in the third cylinder. I replace the spark plugs and wires, but to no avail. The stuttering persisted. I then replaced the ignition coil and the misfire went away. I thought i had fix the problem but the misfire came back and again in Cylinder three only after aproximately 2 months. I found it funny that the same Cylinder is reading misfire again. Could it be the ignition coil again? If so, is there something shorting out the Ign. Coil? Any help would be great before purchasing another Ign. Coil.
lastdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2008, 16:29   #2 (permalink)
Carguy 2000

Re: Problems with 2002 Mustang V6, Misfire in 3rd

Hmm that is a puzzler. I'm going to say diagnostic codes.

Auto Repair Question Car Information and Answer FREE Videos Troubleshooting

Maybe they can help you. They helped me with my wife's Yukon.
CarGuy 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 15:01   #3 (permalink)

Re: Problems with 2002 Mustang V6, Misfire in 3rd

I am having the same problem that you had and i was wandering if you fixed your problem and if so of you could he me with mine.
we2002mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum