Sceptre R42 - ECU details ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2005, 14:48   #1 (permalink)

Sceptre R42 - ECU details ?

Hi all -

Anyone know anything about the motor fitted to the Sceptre R42 as produced by GT Developments / Sceptre cars a few years back (10?)?

The car was powered by a 4.6 SVO 32v Ford and was injected - presumably controlled by EEC-IV?

Anyway - someone I know has one which will not start.... cranks... fires whilst cranking.... but then dies in a couple of seconds on release of key.

HP fuel pump at this point stops and if hard wired on, the motor still dies as presumably the spark stops too.

Any ideas? I'm not familiar with the EEC-IV so can anyone suggest an online resource for wiring/pin connections etc ??

Thanks....
GT40PAUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2005, 16:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: Sceptre R42 - EEC-V ECU

Hi all -

Had a look at the R42 today - motor runs for 3secs on starting, then dies. 'A N Other' prior to me has cut out the Keycode Reader / PATS unit - which as far as I can tell is why the car now won't run....

Anyone know anything about the Key reader? can it be bypassed? I am guessing I'll have to 'refit' all that has been cut out and then try again / hookup to test....

Any comments / advice would be much appreciated.

ECU is marked -
EEC-V / F62F-12A650-JD / G NPF 5K043 / sn.DH7TB08RQC1W

Date marked 10/04/95 3 LLX3

Thanks...
GT40PAUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:18   #3 (permalink)
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast

Re: Sceptre R42 - ECU details ?

LLX3 would denote a 96 Mustang processor. As this forum tends to favour Australian cars I would suggest looking up Mustang specific sites for more information. I believe there are bypass options for Ford's PATS system. Run a Google search.
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum