SCT&Capa Advantage Questions and Tech - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2004, 22:09   #1 (permalink)

SCT&Capa Advantage Questions and Tech

Well the other thread got closed and im sure there are still tech questions to be answered so i hope the guys who have been gracing us with answers from the companys involved stay in touch with us all here. PLease no side tracking lets keep it clean and above board.

If you find out any solid info please advise the rest of us.

Martin, Have you been tunning cars as of late with the advantage software, and yourself getting more knowledge of the product?
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2004, 00:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: SCT&Capa Advantage Questions and Tech

We have been working on the software development for the past few weeks now, streamlining its operation for the Australian vehicles. Gaining knowledge at the core level is a task all in itself, as the Advantage system is extremely sophisticated. Having said that, the end user and tuning shop software will be comprehensive and seamless in its operation
Street Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 02:38   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Martin. So how many cars have you gotton to test on now? Your own knowledge is obviously also growing getting to use the product first hand. have you discovered any more hidden power since the first initial tests SCT did over here?
Old 11-09-2004, 02:54   #4 (permalink)

I think the manual transmission cars launch rpm limiter at 4000rpm was the big one!
Old 11-09-2004, 03:04   #5 (permalink)

what the....... The manuals have a 4000 rpm limit on launch...... i have to be honost i havent taken mine to that high for a drop on the clutch but thats definatly something i have read on here a while back someone asking that very question.

Still am hanging out to have this done on my car and use the hiflow cats again.. and ditch the reduction modes.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:19   #6 (permalink)
Movin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Tuner
I think the manual transmission cars launch rpm limiter at 4000rpm was the big one!
I swear I found that at calder last time out!!

Wondered why the 60' times were 2.01 but were sluggish to half track!
Old 11-10-2004, 02:39   #7 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodderz
I swear I found that at calder last time out!!

Wondered why the 60' times were 2.01 but were sluggish to half track!
Hi Rodderz, they used say we had a 3000 rpm launch limit, well that looks like its a myth now...while your were away in one of the threads they called it torque trunction the result of the poor launches and sticky tyres bad 60 foot times.
Funny thing G&D Performance has a customer with a BA XR8 manual ute he can pull a 1.8# 60 foot everytime..runs a ET:13.20
XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:57   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Funny thing G&D Performance has a customer with a BA XR8 manual ute he can pull a 1.8# 60 foot everytime..runs a ET:13.20
And here we go again.........
Funny thing is if that $5K was spent on just a tune, and an exhaust it would have gone much faster. Have a look at the LS1 world, with a piggyback and boltons the best time was 13.1, with a proper PCM tune and the same boltons 12.01.....and these cars dont even have an electric throttle.
While I know you are a fairly bitter and twisted individual about this tuning XRFPV8, please dont try to take it out in this thread as well, you have ruined enough in your time. Resign yourself to your piggyback fate....and ENJOY IT!
Old 11-10-2004, 04:49   #9 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Quote:
Quote deleted
Take it easy Martin, i dont understand what all that is about, just responding to Rodderz in regard to torque trunction, i think is the word i learned that from you..how it seems to be different on all cars, if you back through many of our discusions here at FF we were lead to belive that we could only rev it up and dump at 3000rpm..looks like you have shown that is not the case..thats all dont get upset and put personal attacks on me or any body else, it's against site rules..i treat you with respect, i do say hi in my posts and thx for answering questions..try it some time it costs nothing to be polite..and i have not resigned myself to anything...
Have a great evening .

Last edited by russellw; 11-10-2004 at 11:38.
XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:18   #10 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Quote deleted
That was harsh mate. I can understand that you would rather sift through the shit and answer the genuine questions from the genuine people interested, but there are those who sit on the fence, and are still open to a bit of skeptisism, and I guess, as it's their opinion, a bit of objection aswell. But I don't think personal attacks on anyone is going to help. Especially with you, I'm sure you just want to get the message across first time and not have to be asked the same qustions 10 times.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language

Last edited by russellw; 11-10-2004 at 11:37.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum