Re: Seatbelt dinging noise
Try this ,
" To disable the seat belt unfastened chime (Beltminder) in the 2005-2009 it's different.
- Turn car "on" (far as it goes before starting engine).
- Wait for the "fasten seatbelt" light to turn off (about 1 minute).
- Within 50 seconds: Buckle and unbuckle 9 times ending unbuckled.
- The "front airbag" light will light for a few seconds.
- After "front airbag" light turns off: buckle and unbuckle 1 time.
- The "front airbag" will blink a lot signaling it's been either deactivated or deactivated.
* Both driver and passenger sears must be done separately.
* If the seat you are not working on is buckled it will not work.
Or another suggestion for earlier model ,
" Did this on my 02 Mustang and it worked perfectly the first time.
Step 1: Turn ignition switch to ON. All the way forward without cranking the engine.
Step 2: Wait until the seatbelt alarm to go off and stop. About 1-2 min.
-- Steps 3-5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the process with have to be repeated.
Step 3: Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the belt unbuckled.
Step 4: Turn the headlights on then off.
Step 5: Buckle then unbuckle the belt three times ending with the belt unbuckled.
--After step 5 the safety light will be turned on for about three seconds then go off.
Step 6: Within seven seconds of the safety belt light going off buckle then unbuckle the belt again.
--That should disable the safety alarm if it is currently activated or vice versa. You will see the seat belt light blink a few times to confirm it has been done successfully.
Good Luck. I did it on my first try and no you don't have to do it every time. It will disable the chime until you want to reactivate the seat belt warning.
I did it this way and have not had the chime come back since(1 monthish) "