Shelby Cobra replica - Mustang Engine - PCM configuration help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 10:27   #1 (permalink)

Shelby Cobra replica - Mustang Engine - PCM configuration help

Hello!

I work in a locksmith specialized with eletronic for cars in Brazil,
So, I´m trying to solve a car problem, and I hope some help, please.

The car is a Shelby Cobra replica 4.6l
Mustang engine V8 - Automatic transmission
Pats external system

PCM informations: PTP2 -- DP9SA
4R3A-12A650-PC

So, I need some help about how to do the necessary configurations for a PCM (that has never beem programmed before) to be recognized for the car, using the equipament Ford Rotunda NGS.
This equipament displays informations to be configured and I don´t know exactly the values to do this.

Informations displayed to be configured:

level power
emission level
transmission type
air conditioning
pats

And it has 48 configuration options to choose, and i don´t know which are the correct to finaly this car works...

Could someone help me with some information?

P.S: The keys are already programmed on the External Pats, but the 'pats light' keeps blinking, that seems to mean that the PCM is not correctly programmed.

Grateful,

Juliana
Chavescomchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 18:13   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: Shelby Cobra replica - Mustang Engine - PCM configuration help

What has been done to the car. Has the key been lost and a new key been reprogrammed or has an engine been replaced and wired to another pcm or maybe a pcm replacement.. I will not be able to help with this myself but some more information on what has been done to the car or what changes have been carried out may be helpful. What model year is the car etc?.
Old 06-25-2011, 14:26   #3 (permalink)

So, I´ve been installed a Mustang engine (automatic transmission 4.6 V8 2004) in a Ford Cobra (a replica), and we are trying to install a new PCM, that has have been programmed before, as the external pats.

The keys have been already programmed in the external pats, (with the Ford Scanner, NGS) but the PCM seems to be disconfigured and the light of the pats system is still flashing.
In the diagnóstic equipament there´s the option to do the firts PCM configuration, but there are many options and I don´t know what option to choose.

Thanks!!

Juliana
Chavescomchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 19:05   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Maybe this will help. How to use the NGS, Ford New Generation Star Tester, Transponder keys, transponder detector, keys & cars with transponders, RW2, H72PT, H72-PT - LV Sales Inc., Distributor

And the second part of this. http://www.v8sho.com/SHO/SpareKeyProgramming.htm
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum