Short throw shifters for 06' mustangs are...... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2006, 10:38   #1 (permalink)

biggrin Short throw shifters for 06' mustangs are......

They as cool as I hear? Or is it hype? The original shifter does have a lot of travel. From 2nd to 3rd seems like a foot in length. Can this be a useful upgrade for peformance?
jay's stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2006, 02:03   #2 (permalink)
2006 Ford Mustang

Re: Short throw shifters for 06' mustangs are......

I never had a problem with the shift from 3rd to 4th...I like the long throw makes you feel like your doing something and you know your in gear. But then again Im used to road race cars and rally car's...try a short shifter out before you get one. They can be a benifit depending on your style. Sometimes they feel like your barely shifting, I realy dont fancy them
enorym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 14:33   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the info, enorym. I don't have any problems shifting.I just heard that short throw shifters are the rage. You made a great point when you said to check one out first to see if it right for me. Thanks a bunch!!
jay's stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 18:18   #4 (permalink)
2006 Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay's stang
Thanks for the info, enorym. I don't have any problems shifting.I just heard that short throw shifters are the rage. You made a great point when you said to check one out first to see if it right for me. Thanks a bunch!!

Yeah, I dont know man, ever since the first test drive even the salesman that sold me the car said "watch the shift from 3rd to 4th...no one can get it right" I shifted it just fine probly because my old camaros had the same tranny the old tremec. I just thought maybe thats what he was refering too. Ive heard other people complain about it too. It just made me wonder if you were having the same problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum